Parents Rylee {4y/o} FINALLY back in the gym after breaking her elbow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovemylifex4

Proud Parent
Rylee broke her elbow at the gym 3 months ago and this week has finally been able to get back into the gym. She is completely obsessed with gymnastics and those 3 months were pretty hard on her not being able to flip around all over the place. She is SO happy to be back!! She really did not lose any of her skills... which amazes me! She's back to working on getting her round-off back handspring and is anxious to do it by herself.

I'm a little nervous watching her... but just so happy to see her smiling and so happy again!!!

Anyways, it's just an exciting week for my little gymmie to finally be back doing what she loves!

I got a quick video of her working on her ROBHS with her coach. Not to bad for the first week back after being off for 3 months {because she broke her elbow doing a round-off at the gym}!

Rylee ~ Round-Off Back Handspring

How did she break it on a roundoff? Just curious. That's so scary. I have a 5yo on L4 team and was thinking injuires like that would come much later. Now I'm going to be nervous.

Glad she is healed and back.

Yay Rylee!!

Of course I have already seen the video. ;)

I know the last few months have been rough for her, did you get her a new leo to celebrate her being able to start back up?

How did she break it on a roundoff? Just curious. That's so scary. I have a 5yo on L4 team and was thinking injuires like that would come much later. Now I'm going to be nervous.

Glad she is healed and back.

It was totally a freak accident. They had 3 mats set up in a T with a mailbox at the end {on the floor}. They were to do a running round-off over the mailbox. Her arm slipped between the mat and the mailbox and when her body went over the mailbox her arm did not move with her :( It was a complete break that required surgery and pins.

Yay Rylee!!

Of course I have already seen the video. ;)

I know the last few months have been rough for her, did you get her a new leo to celebrate her being able to start back up?

So great to see you here!

Haha... she has a GK catalog and is trying to pick one. I told her I would order one as soon as she decides. I think she may wait until the fall catalog comes out though to see if they have anything else. She got a couple new ones throughout the summer already. She REALLY wants a Shawn Johnson leo... hopefully we can find a cute one soon!

So glad she is healed and raring to go. Hope she has a great summer and picks up all her skills again no problem.

That's scary!! Were you there when it happenned?

Yes I was there. I will never forget her scream and the look on her face. She immediately had a big bump off to the side of her elbow and I thought it was just swelling really fast. Turns out it was her bone :( After the initial scream and couple minutes of crying she never really cried again though. She was so brave the whole time.

SO glad she is doing so well, I was thinking abou t you both last week, it's been a while since we heard from you.

Looks like the break (in both meanings) didin't slow her down at all. Still pricelessly cute too!

So glad she is back to doing what she loves! They really do recover & quickly go back to the normal routine. Girl on my DD's L5 team broke arm in 2 places last Oct and needed surgery and pins, was out the 3 months same as your DD. She was fortunate enough to have be able to do 2 meets before the bad break and they petitioned her to go to States. She not only was back in the gym by Jan, but competed states the end of the month and won FIRST AA for her age group for L5. She lost a little strength in her arms so bars was not her best event for the day, but didn't lose much at all skill wise!!

It's great that she went right back to the ROBHS, that means she wasn't even afraid to do that after her injury, which is hard to get out of your head sometimes!

So glad to see she is back at the gym. I know she has been waiting on going back for a while. I remember when it happened and loved seeing her picture of her in the cast. She looked so cute. I just watched her video and loved it she does so good. She will have her RO BHS down before you know it.

She's looking fabulous!!! :)
And how does she manage not to land on her hair it's so long! :eek:

So glad to see she is back at the gym. I know she has been waiting on going back for a while. I remember when it happened and loved seeing her picture of her in the cast. She looked so cute. I just watched her video and loved it she does so good. She will have her RO BHS down before you know it.

LOL! Thank-you... she did look pretty cute in her hot pink cast... haha!

I hope she gets her ROBHS soon! She wants it SO bad. It's all she talks about!

She's looking fabulous!!! :)
And how does she manage not to land on her hair it's so long! :eek:

Actually, right before this gymnastics class we got 4 inches cut off of her hair :eek: And we got it cut BECAUSE of her doing gymnastics and always pulling it (during Tuesday nights class she would land on it with every single back roll and she was SO upset). It looks really long in the video ... but in pigtails it's right above her shoulders (I think she's looking 'up' in the video a lot... which makes it seem longer)!

Glad she is all healed and back doing what she loves!! She is a cutie and her ROBHS looks great!

Yay for Rylee!!! I am so glad that she is back and rearing to go! I remember your post when she broke her elbow and the picture of her eating ice cream with her bright pink cast--she is such a cutie-pie!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back