searching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been using the chalk bucket for a long time now, and even before it was updated, I don't like they searching for a thread. When I post a thread there is no way to tell if someone had answered, but to search for the thread again. When I try to search for the thread again it is too specific. I think the search should just be like a google search where you put it in the search box, click search and all the results come up

If you click on "what's new" you can see all the new posts from the last time you were on the site that you haven't viewed. If you replied to the thread, or started it, there will be a little green arrow on it, so it's easy to see if somebody replied after you.

I have been using the chalk bucket for a long time now, and even before it was updated, I don't like they searching for a thread. When I post a thread there is no way to tell if someone had answered, but to search for the thread again. When I try to search for the thread again it is too specific. I think the search should just be like a google search where you put it in the search box, click search and all the results come up

I agree, the search is not that great. One thing that I do a lot is search using google. For example, if I wanted to find "strap bar" I type this into google:

site:chalkbucket.com strap bar

EDIT: You will find that the google results are much more relevant.

EDIT #2: Also, the site cannot search for terms of 3 letters or less...like "rip". Google will come up with it right away if you type:

site:chalkbucket.com rip

Last edited:
You can use thread tools 'subscribe to thread' on any thread you are interested in following. Any time the thread is updated it will show up when you go to your 'settings' page ('subscribed threads with new posts').

You can also set your general settings to automatically subscribe to any thread that you create or post in. Any time the thread is updated it will show up when you go to your 'settings' page.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back