Parents Send the ankle fairies my DD's way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, I will first say that I am not superstitious! I will also say that Friday the 13th is not a good day for my daughter! 2 years ago my daughter broke her ankle for the second time while jumping on the trampoline with her aunt! The ankle was broken the first time when she was 4 in a bike accident. The second break occured before she began gymnastics she was just playing on the trampoline and my SIL double bounced her! So anyway, it happened to be Friday the 13th the day it happened. So Friday my daughter was at open gym. I might also add it was the day before her schools talent show in which she was supposed to participate. I go to pick her up from open gym a little early so I could watch and as soon as I get there her HC comes out and tells me my daugher rolled her ankle. It was very swollen and sore. On the way home my daugher asks me "Why do bad things always happen to me on Friday the 13th?" LOL! I had not even realized this coincidence! So, my daugher had to miss her talent show and has her last meet of the season next Sunday so please send us some good vibes! It is still swollen but she says it does not hurt to put weight on it. I may take her tomorrow if it is still swollen just to be safe. I will keep you posted!!

I am thinking maybe you are right!! I took her yesterday to the urgent care walk in center for x rays.....they could not tell if there was anything wrong and the radiologist won't be in till Wed. They are supposed to call me and let me know! I guess from the old breaks her x rays are hard to read!

Oh no, your poor kiddo. I hope it is nothing serious and that she will heal quickly.

Thanks guys...found out yesterday that nothing is broken! Looks like a very mild sprain and she went to practice last night and just did conditioning. Her ankle is still a little swollen so I am keeping her off of it as much as I can!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back