WAG Side station ideas for bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 19231

We have only 4 or so mats next to the bars and no wall bars. I've been doing dish and arch rocks, squat on to parallel floor bar, pike-up prep from back lying with a pole over head for upstart final part, handstand shaping on floor, elastic pull downs on the bar next to where I'm working and chin ups, pike holds and fish swings on the top bar while I work on the bottom.

Any other suggestions, please? We have minimal fancy equipment and it's a set-up and take down gym.
Thanks.

Do you have gym balls, or potential to get some? We use them quite a lot in our bars stations:

Shoulder stand with feet on ball

Front support with feet on ball

Holding floor bar with legs on ball - roll out to open shoulder angle and in to finish in front support

We also do lots of handstands with tummy facing the wall. The more advanced girls do one armed handstands.

Knees to handstand on the floor bar

Bar sit ups with weights (lie on back, hold weights by side of body with straight arms, sit up and raise arms above head (push away gaps by ears) and return to lying position.

Lots of backward rolls to front support

Another useful aid is an ab roller if you can get your hands on one

We don't have much space in our gym either, but luckily we do have a single set of wall bars and 2 sets of A bars - space is our main issue!

Eta: on high bar add in toes to knees (hang in pike toes to bars, lift to knees, return to toes) , window wipers (hang in pike, move legs side to side), half leg lifts ( from 90 degree pike hang, lift toes to bars return to 90 degrees)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back