Snowflake Leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw a gorgeous leotard from snowflake that I really want, but I'm not sure I'll like the fit of it. I have ordered leotards from several different manufacturers and they never fit right. Finally I just decided to stick with gk because their leotards fit me perfectly and they are super comfortable. I am wondering what you think of Snowflake leotards? Do they fit like gk? Are they comfortable? I want to know because if I order it, I don't want to have to send it back.

Thanks!

Snowflake are my dd's favorite and mine too. They fit her the best. She's little so I don't know what size you are referring to but GK does not fit her very well right now. She's too big for a child small but too little for a child medium. A child medium in snowflake fits her perfectly. I would trust the measurements charts. If you love it get it! You won't be disappointed in anything from Snowflake.

Snowflake are my DD's favorites too. She likes GK, they fit her fine, but she says the Snowflakes are just more comfortable! Size charts are accurate... unlike some other companies.

Just a caution that Snowflake does not a fit all body types. My daughter is long and lean and cannot wear Snowflake leos. Her chest, hips and waist are all CS (her hips are actually CXS) while her girth is on the high end of a CL (and they tell you to go by the girth when buying). The CL was so baggy on her width wise it was comical. We tried to a CM to split the difference and the fit was still off.

**Just an edit to note we had no complaints with the quality of the leo, it was very well made.

Just a caution that Snowflake does not a fit all body types. My daughter is long and lean and cannot wear Snowflake leos. Her chest, hips and waist are all CS (her hips are actually CXS) while her girth is on the high end of a CL (and they tell you to go by the girth when buying). The CL was so baggy on her width wise it was comical. We tried to a CM to split the difference and the fit was still off.

**Just an edit to note we had no complaints with the quality of the leo, it was very well made.

I guess that's why they fit my DD so well... she is shorter and has hips! HA!

My DD has a leo from Snowflake. I ordered her the same size as in GK and it seems to fit her well. She wears it frequently and she's big into comfort, so I will assume that it's comfortable.

A few girls ordered Snowflake recently - all sizes. A CL had to return because it was tight on her shoulders but I think that was a one off mistake. Out of 18 leos ordered, all were kept except that one, including several adult sizes. We are fans and try to order a few before each summer. They are all still in rotation and without fading.

I wear an AL in GK, and it fits with a little room (which I like), but not too much where it's baggy. Do Snowflake leos run a little smaller than that?

My daughter fits in GK CM perfectly (snugly) and her Snowflake one in CM seems maybe a little snugger but still fits well. I like the way the butt is made because it does not seem to ride up as much as GK. My daughter is tiny all over and average in height....

My daughter can't wear Snowflake. We ordered 4 leos from them and had to return all four. The fabric seems heavier than GK and the seems are a bit 'rough'. They are made well and look beautiful but they just don't feel comfortable for her. We have also tried K-Bee leos and again, while they look great and are well made, the fit/comfort is just off.

Whereas all her GK leos are perfect. She loves the fit and feel the minute she puts them on. As for cost, the Snowflake are pretty close in cost to GK for many, so it's not like it's a huge savings. (I recall K-Bee to be less expensive)

If you can get together with some other girls in your gym and order a few from Snowflake, it would help keep shipping down and maybe what doesn't fit one of you another girl might like.

Good Luck!

We have 2 from Snowflake. My dd loved the comfort factor. nice and soft and stretchy. They are true to size and fit similar to GK (at least for her). The only problem we had is that both their colors faded too over time. It shouldn't have been due to overuse because she rotates between 5-7 leos so wears each roughly every other week.

\

I like snowflake leos the best, that's where most of mine are from. I have a longer torso, and wear an adult medium. The only complaint I would have is the cut on the legs, it feels really high to me. That's not a problem because now my gym allows us to wear bar shorts, but it used to be. I like their leos WAY better than Alpha factor and Adidas though.

My DD is a CL in both Snowflake and GK and both brands fit her quite well, although I do think the GK are cut too narrow in the crotch. Where the designs have different fabrics, the GK joins are done flat so they are softer, the Snowflake have seams that can be a little scratchy, so the designs in one fabric will be more comfortable. She also has Zone leotards and an Alpha Factor and they also fit her well. The only brand we've tried so far that didn't work at all was Glitz, which were cut far too wide in the shoulders for her.

My DD's love their snowflake leos! For them, the leos have fit similar to GK, only they are able to fit into them longer. We haven't gotten a Snowflake leo in a couple years, so if they have changed their cut I don't know. What I like about the fit, is that my DD #1 doesn't get wedgies from them as bad. She is tall & skinny, has a short torso, but no rear-end. With a flat booty, many leos just won't stay in place, but the cut of the Snowflake leos seem to workfor her. None of the leos we've gotten have been too wide & like I said, my DD is pretty skinny & is pretty small around the rib cage.

I LOVE the customer service! I ordered discounted leos through the companys eBay store & when there was a mistake with one, they corrected it immediately and were so nice about it. I'm just sad because our gym used to keep Snowflake leos in stock, but they switched to another brand that I don't like!

Have any of you ordered from the Snowflake leos grab bag? What did you think?

Yes we have done the grab bag and it's great. I wish you could specify the material because it's too hot for velvet in the summer.

I've done grab bag for my daughter twice and have been satisfied both times. The first time we did get a velvet one but she wore it happily. This time we got two nice single fabric leos which she has kept in her rotation. She tends to grow into the next size leo immediately after a holiday or birthday so we love the grab bags. I will say that the one Snowflake we got that was racerback ended up not fitting her as long as the others of the same size. She wears the same size in GK and Snowflake. We have not yet had an issue with fabrics bleeding - they have held up just as well as the GKs she's gotten.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back