Off Topic Sports after gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can’t reply to this thread but figure skating.

Also circus things. Most gymnasts are really good at this. There is normally some very basic tumbling but not on a spring floor. Especially silks, those are my favorite. Gymnasts are normally fearless when trying drops, and have the strength and flexibility to do it already.

The first two things I'd look at are circus arts and T&T. Both deserve more popularity than they currently have, imo.
I got into circus after college and it was so freaking fun! I found my way to contortion after a couple years of Bikram/advanced series yoga, and also trained hand balancing and silks. I even performed a bit locally, but ultimately stopped training because I just didn't have the time for it - contortion in particular is a big time commitment if you actually want to improve.

Other types of gymnastics
Trampoline
Tumbling
Sports aerobics
Sports Acrobatics
Team gym
Cheerleading
Dance
Circus arts
Skating
Skiing
Break dancing
Athletics
Diving
Martial arts
Crossfit
Triathlon

We have had a lot of our gymnast move on to Diving and Allstar cheerleading and do quite well! When I stopped doing gymnastics I wished I had a diving facility close. I ended up having to settle for Swimming. Lol

I can’t reply to this thread but figure skating.

Also circus things. Most gymnasts are really good at this. There is normally some very basic tumbling but not on a spring floor. Especially silks, those are my favorite. Gymnasts are normally fearless when trying drops, and have the strength and flexibility to do it already.
Olympic weightlifting. Short strong people, lots of grit and reps involved, lots of coordination. Gymnasts are perfect.

My 15 year old took up sport climbing this past year as some of you might remember. She was a level 10 gymnast but wanted something different. The strength, coordination and motivation necessary was similar to gymnastics. She joined a competitive team and had a very successful year. But now she wants to come back to gymnastics full time...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back