sprained knee 2nd level 7 meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
okay as many of you dont know i sprained my knee 3 weeks ago and was out until last thursday!:eek: so i didnt even get a full weeks practice in because i left early this tuesday because i wasnt feeling good and missed thursday because i had the 24 hour stomach flu!!!!:Dhaha! so on to the meet!

first up was beam. okay funny stary here! i ended up mounting the beam to find out i had started the wrong way well i didnt know it at the time! like a quater way into the routine i figured it out and was like ohh nooo!so i ended up making up more than 1/2 the routine.as i was getting to the end i still had my turn and i had to turn around and get farther down the beam for my dismount.so i do the turna dn was tihnking about how i was going to do the 1/2 turn after it and ended up going for a 1 1/2.well i didnt know if it was a c or b skill and so i didnt know what to do!either fall and lose .5 or do it risking a 1.0 deduction for doing the c skill! i was almost all the way around and fell. i ended up getting a 8.550 and tieing for 8th place.

next was floor i wanted to nail this routine to make up for the beam accident! at my first meet i got a 9.50 and was hoping to get the same score and ended up getting a 9.1 good for 5th place. i was a little disappointed but its okay.

vault i got a 8.875 i thought i did a better vault though.

bars ohh bars! how i hate bars ohh well.the bars we like bouncy on one side and stiff on the other! so in my routine i do my first kip but my dowels dont get aroundd the bar when i first grap it and i do a 45 degree cast and go for my clear hip and that was really low and on my kip back up my right hand totally slips off the bar and i regrab it and go on when i get to high bar i dont make my giant! how lovely this routine is going!:) so on my second attempt my coach spots me :(and i totally fly on my dismount and stick it!LOL good for a 6.8! what a disappointment.

oh well this one will go down as a good learning meet!:):D:rolleyes::cool::eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back