Spring competitions, who's up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can only find espoirs too. 56 entries- Looking forward to seeing Alice Kinsella, Ellesse Oates, Rochelle's new one Emily Gibson, Taeja James. Nice to see Erika Magpantay back too. Juniors I'm interested to see how Catherine Lyons fares, and I'd like to see Georgia Mae Fenton back up to full strength. Seniors I'm hoping Gabby Jupp is back on form after her injury.

Anyone know if the results will be live on gymdata or the BG app?

I think the junior line up is so exciting this year. I can't wait to see how the likes of Teal Grindle, Catherine Lyons and Georgia-Mae Fenton get on against the super strong second year juniors like Ellie Downie, Amy Tinkler and Tyesha Mattis. Some of those girls have difficulty scores to rival the seniors.

For the seniors, I love Gabby Jupp but I'm not sure well she'll be able to do yet. Hannah Whelan looked great at the Welsh Championships. Kelly Simm has been doing well. With quite a few senior GB girls eligible to compete for Wales I think the England team for the Commonwealths seems quite open for people to have a crack at.

Grades weekend - here we come! Who else is up? I think at least 2 regions are this weekend

Last edited:
Good luck to your dd Frase . My dd hasn't got hers til April. Can't wait to see who will make it to nationals from each region.

Frase hope you have your parking permit for Sunday if you are at the Spectrum. Gd luck to all DD very nervous.
Yep - and our discount vouchers as we have to be there early - like we'd let the girls go bowling or ice-skating 2 hours before grades! What day is your dd? X

I can't wait to watch the junior girls. There is so much talent in that age-group. Seniors could be really interesting, too. I'm mainly wanting to watch my very good friend's daughter, as this is her first year in there and she hasn't competed since the British last year.

I noticed on the BG website that spectators need to register with photo ID, such as a passport or driving license. Does anybody happen to know whether this also applies to my daughter?

Good luck to everyone whose kids are doing their grades.

Yes good luck to everyone this weekend. AF South and quite a few regional grades on this weekend.

DD is doing her grade 13 tomorrow.
After a good last practice on Friday, she came home and promptly head butted the metal latch on our bedroom door. She's fine today and all excited about tomorrow - except I can't get near her hair without it causing her too much pain. I wonder if I can plait it in her sleep tonight?!

Congratulations to all that have done thier competitions over the past 2 weekends and good luck to those whose are coming up.

To me you are all winners for even getting up there and doing. "your stuff " in front of other people knowing you are getting judged on your every move.

Congratulations to the gym parents for supporting your dd/ds through these competitions at the expense of your emotional wellbeing and also through physical discomfort (think butts in those "nice comfortable seats lol").

My youngest dd also did her grading 2 weeks ago (not gymnastics but dance), dd did her Grade 1 Modern and got a Distinction.

My oldest dd has her grades in 4 weeks, as dd does Disability Grading she has to go National as there is no regional or County Grades yet, the next step from there is "The British Championships" at the end of the year. Dd has only ever competed in 2 Floor and Vault competitions before, are "Grades" more serious?

DD passed her grade 13 today. She was as close as you could get to a distinction without getting one so actually did rather better than we thought this time last week. She is very pleased with herself and very pleased for her teammates who both did get distinctions. I am more proud than ever of her attitude and I particularly loved watching her make up a floor routine on the spot. (That wasn't the plan, but she did it so well that I didn't even realise - and she got all the required elements in).

Floor and Vault next weekend for a bit of fun, and then she finally realises that she can pass her Level 5 in May. I hope this confidence remains...

Frase I presume we will be at same comp in May. It will be interesting to see how many level 5s, 4s and 3s in age there will be. We've never been to that anything other than regional comps so it will be interesting to see what happens. Well done to all the girls that competed this weekend. I heard pipers vale were very dominant at Alphafactor south.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back