WAG State Banquet for AA Winners

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachMeg

Coach
I was going to post this in the private coach forum but this general WAG forum gets much more traffic and I kind of need some feedback ASAP.

We have several kids going to the State banquet this year for winning AA at State. I coach lower level compulsories, and we had two L3s win from the younger age groups. These two had an incredible season, but also improved so much as the season went on - and both peaked right at State. One of them had never gotten about like a mid 36 and then at State had some of the best routines of her life and got a 37.6, the other was a fierce competitor all season but still performed her absolute best at State and ended up winning every single event, as well as AA with a 38.4. So yes, well deserved for both of them.

One of the parents of the 3s messaged me and said how their daughter's success wouldn't have been possible without all my hard work and invited me to attend the banquet with them - and the other compulsory coach was invited as well as part of the other family's ticket. They offered to pay for my ticket as well as give me a ride (its about 2-3 hrs away). I thought it was such a nice thing to offer and I really do want to go.

We've had AA winners in the past but they always just invite family and what not. (We're also a newer gym - going on 3 years old- with a very small, but growing team, so AA winners are a pretty big deal to us). I've always wanted to go but do coaches usually attend these things or are they mainly for families? What exactly happens? Would it be appropriate for me to go? I mean it is a gymnastics banquet honoring State champions among other things, I would think it'd be okay but who knows. Is it a formal thing? Or casual?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, that's interesting. My state doesn't have anything like that, but it sounds like something that coaches would go to. I would say if the family invited you, then go for it! I would assume if they refer to it as a banquet and sell tickets, it will be a fairly fancy meal. So I would plan to wear semi- formal attire.

In the pics I have seen from our state banquets, the gymnasts wear dresses - Easter dresses, sun dresses, spring dresses (whatever). Some coaches attend, so you would be fine. A nice outfit... Dress, skirt, or pant suit would be appropriate.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back