WAG State Meet 2017

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I've been told by several people (not my coaches..?) that I have hit the required score for Level 6 State Meet. I see other posts on here saying that their state meets are all in one weekend in the same place for like L6-L10. Ours are different places, different weeks, different times. Guess that makes since though because Texas is hugee. So since I hit my score, what's next? Do they take a certain percentile or what? We've only had one girl go to state before (level 8) and i'm not sure how it works. (our gym does usag and aga, mostly aga so i'm 99% confused lol) Can someone please explain how the state process works?

I've never heard of AGA. In NorCal, there are different states for different levels too, and a score needed to go to states. Past that, your gym has to let you go. My DD was in a position once to have qualified to state, but her coach refused to take her. Your best bet is to ask your coaches.

I've never heard of AGA. In NorCal, there are different states for different levels too, and a score needed to go to states. Past that, your gym has to let you go. My DD was in a position once to have qualified to state, but her coach refused to take her. Your best bet is to ask your coaches.

AGA is just a Texas/Oklahoma thing that my coach leads (I think?) and we all go to AGA state. But our USAG girls (there's like 15 of us, out of our 80 AGA girls) only compete 3 meets the entire USAG season, one being a state qualifier. Most of us have NEVER done USAG state before except at our old gyms, which in my case I havent

In Texas, to qualify for state in optionals you're correct that you just have to hit a certain score (34.0 for L6) at a qualifier meet (which is I believe all USAG sanctioned meets in Tx). Your coaches should just be able to register you for the state meet since you've gotten the score. There's no extra percentage cutoffs or anything

Your gym will have to sign you up for the meet with the meet fees attached. You then have to show up at the gym, in your case is World Champions Center in North Houston, with your coach and do your best.
Hope to see you there as am working the meet.

states isn't any different than any other meet, IMO. it's just the last meet and in the optionals levels, it's broken up by age for us. last year dd competed with 1 other teammate (lvl4). everyone else competed different times. curious how it will work out this year in level 6.

Whyyyyyyyy would her coach refuse to take her if she earned the required score?!?!?! That is awful!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back