Parents State Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Well, let me say I am glad its over!! The gym was WAAAYYYY to small for such a large meet. Luckily we were in the front so we could see everything. Alex did very well and she placed 9th AA. I thought it was 11th but Alex told me she placed 9th. There were I think 24 or 25 girls in her group. Overall there were 44 10 year olds but they broke them into 2 groups. I will have to wait til they post the results to know for sure! Anyway here are her scores.

Floor - personal best 9.075. She really looked great!!
Vault - 8.50. I thought it looked great but scoring was tough
Bars - Her fav event 9.20 Pretty solid
Beam - last girl to go 7.80 - She missed her dismount but got back up and did it. The entire gym was watching her as all other events were completed and she needed to go to the bathroom REALLY>>>>> and I mean REALLY bad. The entire gym was watching her do the potty dance while she was waiting for the judges to salute so she could start. She was literally dancing around while waiting. I felt horrible for her. Her coach told me that Alex never told her she needed to go until it was to late to let her go and that she had needed to since the first event????? Not sure why she never said anything to her coach (but that is another issue I think)

So Yeah Alex!!! No onto uptraining hopefully!!

Great job Alex, I bet she was excited !! My DD once had to go to the bathroom through pretty much an entire meet. She now knows to tell HC !!

Congrats to Alex!! That sucks about the bathroom before beam. Lesson learned I guess? Funny how they think sometimes.

Anyway, sounds like she did great! Hope she has fun uptraining and stuff. :) I know mine is enjoying meet season being over until Spring. We were told they will have 6 meets in the Spring, so she is excited. Then hopefully it will be onto level 5 for her as she is anxious to move up. :)

Congrats to her!!! Hope she has fun uptraining now! Will she definitely move up to the next level now?

Thanks everyone! We are so proud of her! Cathiann - she is hoping to move to the next level but her Kip is hit or miss. They will do a kip test before the end of December so hopefully she can work hard on it for the rest of the month and pass that, then she can move to Level 5. Our kip test is 4 low bar kips in a row and a long hang kip on the high bar. No one moves to 5 without passing this test.

Way to go Alex! Kind of funny about the bathroom need. I can definitely see how that would have a big impact.

I will keep my fingers crossed for her on the kips. :)

Oh and send fairies of course.

Oh my the poor little thing, that cannot have been fun. She did a great job considering. Have fun with the uptraining!

Great job! My dd's level 4 year, she also had to go to the bathroom badly at her turn up. It worked to her advantage though....it was vault and she REALLY ran at the vault. As soon as she had saluted, she ran to the bathroom. She didn't even wait for her score, lol.

Great job! My dd's level 4 year, she also had to go to the bathroom badly at her turn up. It worked to her advantage though....it was vault and she REALLY ran at the vault. As soon as she had saluted, she ran to the bathroom. She didn't even wait for her score, lol.

Just picturing that made me laugh!! Alex also took off like a lightening bolt as soon as she was done saluting! Too bad she didn't run that fast when she vaulted...lol

Congrats to her!!!! 9th is a GREAT AA placement! (or 11th too;))

We had a bathroom issue at the first meet of the year...DD really had to go and she was DEAD LAST on floor which was the last event of the whole meet and she almost fell on her head on her backhandspring because she had to go sooooo bad.

LOL at the last meet she went to the bathroom RIGHT BEFORE she got on floor!;) Lesson learned!

Yay Alex! Congratulations on 9th place! Why oh why do they hold it so long. My dd does this all the time and I am constantly worried that she will be competing some event with her legs crossed. Alex did great considering! Sending lots of kip fairies her way. I hope she passes the kip test!

Meg

Great job at State! I hope she nails the next Kip test!

OH and that Potty thing... I don't think it gets better with age! LOL Beetle had to go so bad before floor at a meet last year or the year before that she ran there and back so fast that she was winded during her routine! JEEZ

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back