State/Regionals/Nationals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CoachGoofy

It's that time of season. How is it going for everyone?

State was a couple weeks ago, & I'm pleased with how my athletes did. We had some brainfarts on trampoline from a couple of the little ones (and from a level 9. I don't know...), but I'm really pleased with them. We had a lot of state champions (which is not as impressive as it sounds, demographically speaking, but first State meet & winning? That's always cool).

Regionals is in just under 2 weeks, & I'm anticipating that the rest will make Nationals on at least one event. They've been working really hard. I'm always proud of my high level kids, but my first-season 5s are the ones who look ready to step it up. We also have 2 who are eligible for regional All-Stars, which'd be pretty fantastic.

Anyone else preparing for Regionals? Nationals?

We had a great state meet and looking forward to regionals. Glad that nationals will be in a more pleasant climate this year! Good luck to your team.

I had a rough season! I had major fear issues after making so much progress over the summer. It was very frustrating. I tried level 10 but I had lost my cody so that didn't work, then I got pneumonia and was in the hospital for a week and was out for about a month. My coaches and I made the decision to drop back to level 9 and it was a good decision.

We had our state meet about 2 weeks ago and while I fell on DM, I got first on tumbling and 2nd on trampoline out of 12. I am so proud of myself. We go to regional's next weekend, I'm excited but now I have a double full and my coach wants it in my trampoline routine which is causing some anxiety as I want to do well. I'm relaxing in the fact that if I don't get it solid I will do my old routine.

I am not attending nationals this year only 1 kid from our gym is. It is too expensive. I loved going for the experience but now I feel like I don't want to go until I am sure I am going to do well. Hopefully next year, and it should be closer to my neck of the woods!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back