MAG States

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Looking forward to the reports! Good luck to everyone! (Our L6s competed last night and had a great meet!)

DS had his state meet today. By some measures it wasn't awesome; but for him, this year, it was! He managed to place on 3 events (floor, pommel, pbars) and AA. He brought up his scores for HB, floor, and pommel. He had his second highest scores of the season for vault and rings and his p bars were OK. Every meet this year he has bombed at least one event; but today he didn't bomb anything. :p He also competed his flyaway on HB, which he hadn't competed with since the first meet of the year when he fell on it. On floor he added in his pirouette and did his double BHS (he had done it at one other meet, most meets he has said he "wasn't feeling it". He is very happy with how he did today and so am I. :D

I'm totally looking forward to the reports. :)
Well mine is a week late, but I just joined. Our state had their level 4 and 5 meet last weekend. 6-10 is this weekend. My son is a level 5. To our surprise he won the AA for 11-18yo division, as well as PB and R. His teammate performed well, but in a much tougher age group and was 11th. Both qualified to regionals. Our level 4s did well, though one of them had some uncharacteristic mistakes. We are a newer team and only have 4s and 5s, so no more news for this weekend for our gym.

Great job for your boys! It's always nice when they do better than you expect or hit things they've been missing. We were at the optional session last night, which went well for DS's team, and he competes today. Starting to get nervous for him, but I hope he runs true to form. Good luck to everyone else whose son goes today!

Great job to both of your boys! We are just getting ready to head out to make it in time for our afternoon session. My little L4 is getting a little nervous, but nothing like he was at the beginning of the season. I can't believe how much he has progressed this year.

Our team did great - especially with losing their long time coach suddenly in January....L5 boys placed 4th team (we are from a small town so this is really great!). All 6 boys made it to regionals, including my DS the younger who really struggles on HB! DS older placed in everything but PBars and 5th AA - itching now to add the couple of bonuses he held back for execution at regionals and see what happens - then on to L6 or new (enthusiastic and technically very good) coach says maybe 7...our L7s were 2nd and 3rd AA too - I haven't heard about our L9 and 4s go today...pretty good for our little rural team with 3 months without a coach!!

Nice job to both of your boys! Sounds like a very successful meet :)

DS had the best meet of his life yesterday at the state meet, made it to regionals, and is going back this afternoon for the team competition portion. :) When he competed L4 state he was with a low performing gym so while they practiced the same number or more hours of the other teams, he seemed to have no realistic chance to do well. I hate that aspect of it.

Well, we are off to the meet. Pink eye, congestion and all. I think I really just want to get this one done. I am more nervous. Hopefully upside down doesn't hurt today :(

It's awesome hearing how all the boys did. We still have a few weeks until states. Older boys from our gym are next weekend and south state for the 4s and 5s isn't until the first week of April. Good luck to all the boys!

DS, age 6, level 4: just starting on this wild and crazy ride.

We are back :) He did so well. Said it hurt to go upside down, and was nearly in tears at one point on floor, but he did great. He is the level 7 (11-12) floor champion! 3rd on pommel, 5th on rings, 4th on ps and is the level 7 high bar champion (yep! from a 4.8 on hb to champion!) He was 2nd all around, and his team came in 2nd as well. And I am pretty sure he is asleep now....LOL

Kind of still pinching myself -- the guys won first place team overall and took home the first place banners for all the smaller age groups, and DS won first place in his age division. The entire L5 machine qualified for regionals, and their coach has decided, contrary to past practice, to take them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back