strength?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi, i was wondering what muscles i need to strengthen to get my pullover? and what i should do to strengthen them ect. ? thanks :)

if you have a bar, you cann try doing 5 sets of 5 pullups/chinups, if not pushups, handstand holds work good too. also cherry pickers, v ups, situps, crunch ups, pike holds if you have a bar to hold on to.

if you have a bar, you cann try doing 5 sets of 5 pullups/chinups, if not pushups, handstand holds work good too. also cherry pickers, v ups, situps, crunch ups, pike holds if you have a bar to hold on to.
thanks i do have a bar but i cannot do pullups or chinups and i can only hold L aka pike for like 4 secs lol also i have been doing lots and lots of pushups and v-ups and sit-ups and they dont seem to be working after and during them im so stuffed i cant do more but the next day i dont hurt at all and i dont feel like im building up muscle :( also whats a cherry picker? :) thanks

If you can't do chin ups then try them with your feet on a raised object. If you have a chair that is the right height place the chair in front of the bar and put your feet on it and try chin ups. If they are too easy move the chair further away, if they are too hard move the chair closer. This will be much easier as you can use the chair to support you. As they become easy move the chair further out, eventually you won't need the chair at all.

You can do this at the gym too, hang from the Parallel bars with both your hands on one bar and your knee's hooked on the other bar and try chin ups like this, as they get easier hook your feet rather than your knees.

Thanks Aussie_coach :) how many should i do to see results soon? :) thanks

Your body will tell you, do as many as your arms will let you and ten do two more. To keep it fun why not try to break your own record each day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back