WAG Testing out before the 2013 changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wallinbl

Proud Parent
There seems to be some confusion among the gym management at DD's gym as to when the deadline is for testing out using current routines. There are a number of girls that are going to do current 6 before the changes, but various contacts at the state committee have given either "I don't know" answers or conflicting answers (one said May was it; the other said July 31st was the last day).

If anyone can point to a document with this information, it would be helpful.

We have heard that testing out just needs to be before 2012-13 meet season begins in August (compulsories here compete in the fall). However, DD's gym is planning to test out a group before summer starts just so they won't have to plan a test out meet around families' vacations schedules.

Edited to say that I just checked out our region's website. It just says that competitions using the new routines will begin August 1, 2013. So I guess testing out can be done up until July 31st, 2013.

The new routines go into effect August 1, 2013 (in time for the "fall" compulsory season many states do). So I don't see any other to reason to believe it wouldn't be July 31st. In other words, a competition held on July 31st, 2013 would use the current compulsory routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back