Parents The Boot is Finally Gone.......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After over two months of DGD wearing an orthopedic boot she finally got the clearance from her doctor to go back to practice. She did have some arthritis but luckily it isn't rheumatoid. Her vitamin D levels are great and only has to take over the counter vitamins. :D She's still doing light duty at practice but after learning the new routines with the boot on she hopes to catch up soon. Its all good!!!!!

Glad to hear of it! Any time a gymnast injures themselves it's heartbreaking when they can't get that "gym fix" that they have grown accustomed too! At some point or another they all experience this. My daughter is 10 and we've already had a broken foot. Tendonitis in her right wrist( that one still bothers her two years later) a sprained left knee and currently a hyperextended right knee. We keep PT in business!

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1375729762.696503.jpg

DGD learned a very valuable lesson. If you get hurt say something. Dr. tells us that most of this would not have happened if she had said she was hurting right when it happened. (Why do they try to cover-up an injury?) :confused: The vitamin D deficiency didn't help matters but at least that is under control now also. Best thing though is she now has a beautiful toe point. She is determined to be on track for competition season, but she still has to take baby steps so as not to reinjure herself.

DGD learned a very valuable lesson. If you get hurt say something. Dr. tells us that most of this would not have happened if she had said she was hurting right when it happened. (Why do they try to cover-up an injury?) :confused: The vitamin D deficiency didn't help matters but at least that is under control now also. Best thing though is she now has a beautiful toe point. She is determined to be on track for competition season, but she still has to take baby steps so as not to reinjure herself.

I agree- often times a gymnast holds back emotion and when they are hurt you often don't see tears unless its really bad. I'm sure your granddaughter will be up and about in no time;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back