Parents Think I am finally back. I hope anyway

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I say think, because I say it often and never seem to actually be back for good.
Been so hectic of late. Finally have BOTH KIDS IN SCHOOL! YAY ME!!!! lol
We just bought a new house the first of June. So we have been super busy with all that intails.
Getting the kids enrolled then settled into school.
Getting Kadee going with more hours at the gym.
Volunteering at our church because now that I'm alone all week now (after 7 yrs of always having at least one kid home with me..lol) I have no clue what to do with myself. You can only clean so much..lol
My little guy is loving Kindergarten and has only gotten in trouble a couple times for talking when he shouldn't. I expected that to happen a LOT more with him. (kid can't be quiet to save his life). He has the same teacher that Kadee had in Kindergarten and she says he is very smart and very sharp..to the point he gets done before others, then that's when the talking comes into effect. (ugh..can't have it all I 'spose)
Kadee is in 2nd grade this year and doing well. She loves school. Loves to learn. She is just like a little sponge. The more you throw at her the more she wants. (at home, school and gym)
They are training her as a L5 and think she will be ready for their first meet in Dec. If not, she will be a L4 agian this year. Which will be fine in the long run. She is only 7 (birthday in Aug) and has plenty of time, although not in her eyes.
Kadee is an overachiever
They upped her hours to 12 a wk. 3 days a week at 4 hrs a day. Makes for a long day, but so far so good. She is doing good in the gym. Doing well health wise. And keeping those straight A's in school. I know it's just second grade, but hopefully it's a sign of what is to come with her.
She made it into the fall chior at school, which made her day, week, month..lol
She also had a words per minute test. They want them at her age and grade to be able to read 36 words per minute to be considered as "mastered" reading (that is for the month of Aug..each month it goes up). She was 117 words per minute. (they only need 96 words per minute by the end of the school year) She is a bookworm and loves to read. Her hardest subject is math, but still is maintaining an A in that too.
I will keep a close eye on those grades and her health (both mental and physical) for signs of fatigue with the long days she is having.
But until then, I will let her keep on plugging on.
I hope I am back for good this time. I really do miss everyone here. And I hope the site doesn't eat my post. That seems to happen to me often too. LOL

Gay glad you are back and things are getting settled for you. I too am glad to get everyone back to school but out after school sports are a challenge lol.
Looking forward to the meet reports :)

Great to see you back Deanna! :)

Sounds like you guys have been VERY busy! Wonderful to hear how well your kiddos are doing in school (and out!). Looking forward to hearing more!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back