Tiger Paws for Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
What do you all think about wearing tiger paws for vault? My older dd is training Level 8 and working yurchenkos - her wrists are definitely feeling it. Our coaches are trying to work through it without going to tiger paws but I wanted to know how many of you use tiger paws for vault. If you do, how do you feel it helps? Do you only use them for vault or floor also?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of flexion in the wrist doing a yurchenko is concerning, especially the more powerful and efficient the gymnast gets (increasing contact force). Many upper level gymnasts are now wearing wrist supports on this event. I would highly recommend it.

^^^^
What Dunno Said.

My DD wears them for vault and floor per her DR's and PT's orders. She has small wrists for her size and age and needs the extra support. Without them she ends up with pain in her wrists so she will never go without them unless a DR tells us no.

What do you all think about wearing tiger paws for vault? My older dd is training Level 8 and working yurchenkos - her wrists are definitely feeling it. Our coaches are trying to work through it without going to tiger paws but I wanted to know how many of you use tiger paws for vault. If you do, how do you feel it helps? Do you only use them for vault or floor also?

Thanks in advance!

My dd1 started working yurchenkos and had to back off after developing wrist pain. Her former coaches frowned upon tiger paws and said that they makes your wrists weaker if you wear them. When she began working yurchenkos again at a later time, I did my own research and got them anyway. She hasn't had wrist pain since she began using them.

When she was 1st learning yurchenkos, her entry was very weak and she was hitting the vault table full force with her wrists completely hyper-extended. Looking back, she probably should have been using them since day 1 of working that vault. She only uses them for vault.

im doing yurchenkos and most of the time my wrists dont hurt. when i first started them my wrists hurt all the time, not really at all anymore. should i still get tiger paws??

*my coach said some of my pain might be coming from incorrect second hand position in my ro.

My dd1 started working yurchenkos and had to back off after developing wrist pain. Her former coaches frowned upon tiger paws and said that they makes your wrists weaker if you wear them. When she began working yurchenkos again at a later time, I did my own research and got them anyway. She hasn't had wrist pain since she began using them.

When she was 1st learning yurchenkos, her entry was very weak and she was hitting the vault table full force with her wrists completely hyper-extended. Looking back, she probably should have been using them since day 1 of working that vault. She only uses them for vault.

her former coaches were wrong.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back