Tiger Paws wrist supports question. Help please ASAP!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
Well I was finally able to get a pair. I almost had to as I train quite a bit harder now and do a lot of tumbling and I just can't do it with my wrists being so bad. Anyways to anyone who had them a couple questions. do you use the plastic inserts or not? Or do you kind of break them in first then add them as needed when the foam starts to break down? Also what is the best way to break them in? Just use them or do you have any special tricks? Thank you!

Aerialriver

I don't have tiger paws but i do have golden hands are they are almost exactly the same. i use plastic inserts in one but not the other since currently one wrist has been in more pain than the other. it just kinda depends on the day you can change the support they give you any time depending on how they hurt. just find what helps you the most.
I never broke mine in, i just started using them. so i really don't have any special way to break them in. i do have one special trick i use... depending on the place my wrist is sore that day i tighten that strap the most just for extra support. really they are not that hard to use and they are really easy to get used to!

hope this helps and hope you are able to do the skills you couldn't do when your wrist hurt!!!

tiger paws

My daughter used tiger paws for about 2 1/2 years. It all depended on how bad her wrists hurt on if she used the plastic inserts or not. We went thru at least 2 or 3 pairs of them. They do work! and they are easy to get use to. Last fall she gave them up. She just no longer needed them and her wrists haven't hurt since.

i have tiger paws and i love them! i use the plastic inserts because my wrist are that bad. I just started using them because they helped that much! you could try just wearing them around the house and doing simple things like handstands to get used to them!

I use tiger paws and think they're great. At the moment I don't have the plastic in them because the foam was enough for me when I first got them. However the foam has broken in and I'm ready to put plastic in because the foam is no longer supportive. To break them in: They may hurt like your knuckles in the beginning but you get used to it. I wore mine around the house and did cartwheels and simple stuff. But the first practice I used them I was doing my usual tumbling passes with no problem (they were actually better cause i had more power since the wrist guards helped my wrist) Hope i helped :)

My gymmie just got a new pair because she is doing yurchenkos and they do bother her wrists. Right now, she doesn't need the plastic inserts, but has them in her gym bag and can add if needed. No break in---she just put them on and went out to vault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back