Off Topic Ugh..just have to vent. Makes my skin crawl.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well, my husband works out of his car for his job. So he has aot of electronics in there. He went out this morning to start his car, and someone had broken into it. They took his digital camara, his dash mount gps, his plug in computer gps, his maglight, ipod, sirius radeo. They damaged his printer. Looks like either they tried to get it out and couldnt. (he has it strapped in like a true redneck..lol) or the knelt on it getting to something else. The removed 1 fuse from his "fuse box". Probably the one for the alarm? The alarm never went off, and it was locked. Luckely his work computer was in the house. (was below freezing so computer needed to be inside) He did have his work check book under the armrest in his car. Either they didnt see it (dont know how, they trashed the car going through everything) or knew better than to go around town trying to write checks on a major insurance company.
Dont know HOW they got in the car without the alarm going off. We would have heard it. (esp the dogs who bark at EVERYTHING). They didnt break the lock, window..nothing. Maybe some kind of master remote entry? But they did pull a fuse out. All we can think was it was the fuse to the alarm because everything worked fine.
The neighbors, they had their car broke into. Same thing. No "forced" entry. Pulled fuse. Took her portable DVD system for her kids, digi video recorder and ipod. They also got their shed broken into. Lawnmower and weedeater are missing. Lady not sure if anything else. She doesnt know what all her husband keeps in there, and when he gets back from out of town he will check and then they can update their report.
Its crazy. We live in a "nice" quiet neighborhood. And to think they (it had to be more than one..who else could get away with all that by themselves.) took their time to go through several places without being seen. They are good at what they do. To get two locked cars open without setting an alarm off, and pulling a fuse. (again assuming to keep the alarm from going off..really not sure on this one).
It makes my skin crawl to know someone like that was that close to my kids. They didnt come down to the house. Husband parks on the road. But neighbors car was in driveway in front of house.
Sorry..just had to get that out. It makes me so angry. I hate violence...BUT, if they ever step foot in this house, they wont be stepping out.

I am so sorry this happened to you..... Not only is it infuriating that some thus (or thugs) have stolen valuable property and caused damage... You just feel so violated when something like this happens. I sure hope your insurance company settles up w/you quickly and you can have the damage repaired in a timely manner.

so sorry this happened! Some peoples' gall just amazes me!! Imagine what they could accomplish if they used all that time, energy and talent for something worthwhile...

So sorry to hear this....hopefully you can put it all behind you soon...and maybe you'll want to get a motion video or something to capture the culprits next time...

Thank you. It just turns my stomach to think that someone like that was that close to my babies. And then all the what-ifs kick in. I am the QUEEN of what-ifs, and I have such issues with this kinda thing anway. (with my kids anway). I never let them know the inner workings of my mind, I dont want to scare them. But this does not help with that whole issue of mine. The only thing damaged was his printer. His car is provided by his job. So it tech wasnt "his" car. But still. He has to fax the police report to his work and then they will over night replacements for everything. He cant very well do his job without his equipment. Normaly his work computer is in his car. He has a perminant mount on the passengers side where his computer connects to. But he had been bringing it in the house the past couple weeks because its not supposed to be exposed to freezing temps. Otherwise it would have been out there too. We live in a nice quiet neighborhood. Never would have thought this kinda thing would happen. Its just mind blowing how they got into both cars (ours and neighbors) which were both locked. No alarm went off for either car. Both had 1 fuse pulled out of the fuse panel/box. We are assuming this was to the alarm to keep it from going off while they were in it? Just cant figure it out. Probably wouldnt have even realized it was out of hubbys car except the neighbor mentioned that the door to the fuse door to her fuse box was open and a fuse was missing. After we all got to looking..me, hubby, neighbor, and sheriff we saw that the fuse was on the floor board. And then noticed the same had been done to hubbys car, but his box door was closed. Once sheriff was here and got his report, he started his car to warm it up before he left and everything worked..so not positive what that fuse was for..again just assuming to the alarm. It just amazes me that no matter what precautions you take it doesnt matter. I dont know. Just makes me sick. Im not going to sleep well (i dont sleep well to begin with) for a LONG time after this.

something similar happened to us last year. SOmeone or ones:D broke into our car. the one night my mom accidently left her purse under the seat. no alarm went off nothing. she goes to go to work and the window is broken. then my brother goes to drive to school his window is broken also and his ipod had been taken from inside the glove compartment. wasnt has much damage as your but still gave us a little scare

If all this stuff was so important to him and his job why did he leave it all in the car on the street where anyone can walk past and essentially take what they want. I live in a tiny little village where a strange car driving through gets noticed, but I wouldn't leave stuff in my car over night.

Honestly because its he felt it was just too much hastle for him to undo EVERYTHING and bring it in and set it all back up again in the morning. And just got to comfortable with the idea that that kinda thing just doesnt happen around here. We live on a little 5 house dead end road. So a car would have been noticed too. I honestly think its just that mentality that it wont happen to you. I remember as a kid we never locked our house, but it wouldnt have ment that we asked for someone to steal stuff if they had. Im sure from now on he will pull his car farther down the drive instead of leaving it by the road, and he will bring all his stuff inside.

I sympathise because my car has been broken into twice, any time it rains I struggle to sleep if my car is not in a garage. I am paranoid about theft, but also cynical.
You must remember there is a reason why insurance is more expensive for vehicles that are not locked up and off the street. You also can't assume because you live in a 'good area' that you are safe. Some of the biggest drug lab busts have been in a 'good area'
good area = greater house value = potentially more/better items to steal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back