Parents UPDATE! DS is enrolled in level 1!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks for all of your comments and advice. DS decided to try a boys class so I spoke to the gym owner/coach before DD's practice tonight. Turns out, there IS a boys beginner class and it was practicing tonight! So, he hopped in with 2 feet and, surprisingly did okay! Not great, but better than I expected! He got something close to a backbend, a decent first effort at splits, a decent forward roll and a lot of other good efforts. He really enjoyed it and came running over excitedly to tell me about all of the stuff he had learned.

We have a standing rule in our house that the children can only be enrolled in one activity at a time and that once they start an activity they have to finish the season. So, I explained that, if he wanted to try gymnastics I would enroll him for one semester but that means no soccer or baseball this spring. He said he would rather do a semester of gymnastics! He is in Upward Basketball at church right now but it only lasts 5 more weeks and, since we are at the gym on Tuesdays for DD, anyway, I told him I would let the one activity at a time rule slide for the next 5 weeks.

We will reevaluate at the end of the semester whether he wants to continue or not. But, I have to say, this is something I never saw coming and yet, he really, really seemed to enjoy himself!

What I really appreciated is that the level 1 boys practice alongside the team boys and the team boys did such a great job of including DS, making sure to know his name, and helping him along. It was really great to see that leadership in such young athletes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back