*URGENT* Need skill ideas for beam~ TERRIFIED of back walkovers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I swear to God I would rather chuck a double back on beam then a back walkover, liek serious, will not do them. What are some other skills I could work on? Here are a list of skills on beam I can already do...
Handstand
Handtsnad front roll
Front Walkover
Back Shoulder Roll
Cartwheel

Any unique ideas? I am working back handspring right now as well.

Please repond ASAP as I need something for competitions comign up soon!

Thanks so much, you guys are always helpful!

Try to lay on the low beam and do a bridge.. It helps you to learn the whole concept of arching backwards, that's what helped me!
A lot of the lower level girls at my gym, do korbuts on beam. They are rather easy to be honest!
Here is a video from Youtube.. Korbut (Most do it from a bhs, you could do a handstand too)

-Back extension rolls
-Tick tocks (Video: Tick tock)
-Straddle jumps, switch leaps, split 1/4 or 1/2
-Round offs!

Deleted your duplicate of this thread, if you have one question only one thread is needed.

About your question, what type of skill do you need? Backwards, flight, anything? You could definitely work tick-tocks if you just need a skill. They would probably help you to get your back walkover eventually. As a last resort if you need a flight you could always try a dive cartwheel...(but those don't always look so pretty). Good luck!

how about trying a front walkover? that's what i did when my coach told me to add a little bit more to my routine. (well, it's not officially in, but i'm working on it!) :)

I would do a front walkover. It's the opposite of a back walkover, and I find if it's done right that it's a very pretty skill. For a series, I think tick tock, front walkover would look nice. But on the other hand, I'm not your coach. I think the best thing you could do is talk to your coach to see what his/her options are for you. Your coach knows best! :)

A couple of girls on the team were having trouble doing a back walkover, so the coach is having them do a handstand (hold 3 seconds) BHS for their series. DD is doing a tic-toc BHS series.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back