WAG Waiting, and then skipping BWO on beam for L5 deduction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
We saw a L5 gymmie over the weekend who hesitated VERY long, then totally skipped her BWO. She ended up with a 6.8.
Another mom and I were just wondering what the point deduction was for just that part. Does anyone know?

DD says its a .1 deduction per second for a pause longer than one second. And I think it's dbl the value for the skill, but I don't know what the value of the skill is, probably somewhere around .6. She probably took a deduction for text errors too. I'd guesstimate around 2 points if she paused around 6 seconds (assuming the value of the skill).

Thank you!
Honestly, she was so frozen, I think it was close to 10 seconds.
That helps - I had no idea there was a standard deduction for length of time for the pause.

I don't know if there really is, lol. That's just my 9 yo. It could just be what her coaches told her. Who knows....& there may be a cap on the deduction too.

There is a concentration pause deduction, but it is not per second. There is also the OT deduction and an overall "rhythm deduction."

There is a concentration pause deduction, but it is not per second. There is also the OT deduction and an overall "rhythm deduction."
All of those are nowhere near as big as the missing element. I don't know the exact deduction but not doing the skill is a large deduction.

All of those are nowhere near as big as the missing element. I don't know the exact deduction but not doing the skill is a large deduction.

Yes, it is double the value of the skill for omitting a skill. Can't remember if the BWO is .6 or .8. You are right the other deductions would be minimal, which is why the girl with the long pause but did the skill could still score very well.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back