Weeks Off?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering, how many weeks off do you get off a year from gymnastics? Not including family vacations. Just when everyone in your gym gets a week off.

Currently, I'm on spring break right now, and our gym gives us spring break off. We also usually get the week of July 4th off, and a week or so off around Christmas. We always get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and Thanksgiving and holidays like that off.

I was just curious. :)

-Savannah

1 week off in July, plus a few days off around major holidays. Gym was closed on Good Friday but level 6's had practice because States are this coming weekend. Gym was closed for at least a week at Christmas, but again, team girls had some practices during that time because it's right in the middle of meet season.

We sometimes get two weeks off in the summer and Christmas day off and this year we had Easter off too! It depends on how they fall around competitions and days of the week.

Our team girls get no time off, unless the winter holidays fall just right on either side of a weekend- then they will get that week off. We have Independence day off, but not the day before or after. We have Thanksgiving off- but practice on the Friday following. Christmas and Christmas Eve off as well as New Years Eve- but only the days between them if a weekend fits in there, too. Other than that- we practice on Memorial and Labor Days. The girls are not prohibited from going on family vacations- but they must take place in the summer if at all possible. Once the girls are in training mode- it can be detrimental to take a week off, imo, so I am happy the gym trains year round. The rec kids have weeks off all the time, usually coinciding with school vacations. The gym still offers camps for rec kids during this week, but not regular classes.

1st week of July, 1st week of August off. 1-2 days around major holidays like Christmas & Easter. We try to work family vacations into the 2 weeks off from gym,since DD doesn't like to miss extra days, and other 2 kids also have sports year round. During the 2 weeks off, team girls have daily conditioning assignments.

boy...keep going...i'm looking for a new job after all the info is in.:)

I think my daughter's gym is of the Dunno variety. The only time our girls get off is the time between Christmas and New Years, but that is compulsory ONLY. Optionals still train fully during that time. Other than that depending on schedule they might get 3-5 days off on long holiday weekends, but that is rare and you have to have the perfect schedule to accomplish such a feat.

I do know one of the local gyms does a full week off quarterly because they feel it refreshes the girls.

First 2 weeks of July are off, The week between Christmas and New Year's Day off, and then daytime training during the summer, the second week of Christmas break and March break.

Then each Stat holiday the gym is closed (Family Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving and then of course christmas).

They also make sure to close on Halloween, oh and closed during Gymnix.

Ummm..none. D gets a couple of days at Thanksgiving/Christmas depending on waht day of the week the holiday is on. Federal Holidays are dependent on where they are in the season. They get random days here or there (travel meets, Friday night meets, etc) but for the most part, they are in teh gym!

Same as MaryA's--one week at 4th of July and just major holidays. Even when the gym is closed before and after summer sessions, the team still goes.

My DD's gym takes a few days here and there but not very often. I would say it is minimal at best. Maybe a few days for the holidays but like someone else said the Holidays are the beginning of our meet season so taking a week off is not an option at that point.

DD's gym is off the July 4th week and then 2 weeks between Christmas and New Years. Other than that, very rare cases of time off.

The classes at our gym get a spring break and they have ALL Holidays off.. But if your in a level like I'm in L7 then we only get Christmas Eve and Christmas.. Some girls do take other holidays off and some go on vacations and stuff, but at my gym they would NEVER let us have a week off because most girls tend to get out of shape (just in a week) and others have gotten shin splints and stuff....

Our gymnasts very rarely get 'weeks off' they have odd days off here and there - Bank Holiday Mondays usually and Holidays such as Easter Sunday. They do get 2 whole weeks at Christmas though! Way too much time off in my opinion! I am bored after 2 days!

We get off last week of May & 1st week of August & of course, few days for Christmas! I'm thankful for the time off, or maybe I should day my DD back, knees, wrist, ankles are thankful, her body needs the rest!

Our gym gets 2 weeks off during the Christmas/New Year holidays.
And a week off at the end of August.
These weeks are used for cleaning the gym.

Although, esp. during the 2 weeks off at Christmas the team still practices, just with an adjusted schedule.

We also are closed on holidays like Easter, 4th of July, and those type of holidays but only the 'larger' holidays.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back