Parents We're off to the ortho again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Olivia started complaining last week about pain in her left knee. Well, it's still bothering her. Unbelievably, I called to doctor on Friday and got and appointment tomorrow at 9:15! :eek: The receptionist actually said they must've let that one slip by! Okay by me! Keep your fingers crossed that it's nothing serious, just overuse! It comes at a bad time, too, because she was just released from having to tape her ankle! And, she's going to be learning her new beam routine on Wednesday. Oh, well. Hopefully she'll just need to continue icing it and taking Motrin.

Hope the appointment goes well(it was saved for you!) and you get some answers. Sometimes you can get knee or even hip/low back pain when there is an injury to the foot/ankle because it causes the individual to adjust they way they walk/run etc. Obviously this would affect a gymnast more than the kid who does not play sports.

Just wanted to say "good luck" and hope it turns out to be nothing serious! Ever since my DD broke her heel and then developed the Sever's in it, every little pain she gets in same area I worry! My DD also c/o of knee pain, but this Summer they were doing a lot of running so I've been sending her in a knee brace (slide on stretchy ace wrap) that seems to help some.

Darn knees. My DD is battling with pain in her right knee too...seems to be settling down just a little but still flares up with lots of tumbling. So glad your daughter got into the doc so quickly. Hope it is nothing, or something easily and quickly fixable.

DD's knee is wrapped too. She started complaining last week. We have Dr appt on Monday.

Where is that healthy knee fairy ?

Hope she feels better a lot of the girls last year when they got to 7 had knee issues . A lot of them got these bands which they put around there leg. With this sport it seems one thing gets better than something else hurts. My daughter got over her wrist injuries now it is her heels, her coaches insist that it is their age let's hope they grow out of it!

We went to the ortho yesterday. Turns out she has a quad pull. He could feel the swelling and did some minor manipulation and could feel it. So, she has to rest it, no tumbling, no dismounts, no running or any pounding at all for 2 weeks. She's to ice it after any activity, even playing outside. They took an x-ray but it looked good. :relieved: Whew!! If it doesn't feel any better in 2 weeks he'll have her brought back in for an MRI but he feels she'll be fine.

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes! :)

Glad to hear that everything seems to be OK for Olivia! Hopefully she will be able to rest her leg like she is supposed to, and will be back to full workouts soon.

I'm glad it's nothing serious! Make sure she follows all doctors orders so that it heals completely.

Best Wishes,

ZZMom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back