Coaches What cracks you up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gralch1

Coach
What cracks me up......
When a little rec kid comes into the gym with her leo on backwards with her little bottom hanging out. (Usaully brought by dad).
We refer to it as "Equipment Failure"

1 of the parents told me that her dd was having trouble with the saw mill and she was wondering if there were some exercises to help with that. LOL

"when will Suzy learn her kip?" or "when is Suzy moving up?" or "what level will my Suzy be in 2013/" or...:)

The little kids "when will I get my backhandspring?"
Answer: "when you get it."

=/ apparently that's a frustrating answer.

Last year when I was judging step 1 floor, one little girl started her routine facing us instead of going across the floor - she ended up rolling almost right underneath the judges' table! We had to stand up and lean over the top of the table to see the rest of her routine.

I once coached a tiny 3 year old. One day she arrived with powerade... She called it her gymnastics juice! :D

One of my ancient gymnast at her first competition had to do the level 4 vault. Well she got down the mats and saluted on the wrong side. So the only thing judges could see when she saluted was her hands.

We did conditioning today and we did V-sits and staying hollow (is there an english word for that? In french we call it gainage). Once we were done, one of my gymnast asked me: Is it going to hurt that much when I'll have kids...? (So when I was done laughing) I answered: well yes dear.

We did conditioning today and we did V-sits and staying hollow (is there an english word for that? In french we call it gainage). Once we were done, one of my gymnast asked me: Is it going to hurt that much when I'll have kids...? (So when I was done laughing) I answered: well yes dear.

That's hilarious! We call hollow- dish! But arch is still arch incase you were wondering :)

Our meet is usually the first one of the season for many gyms, so lots of 1st time competitors. A team warmed up bars, taking their turn in line. When it was time to compete, a little girl did her bar routine, then walked back to get in line behind the next competitor to take her turn again.

Thanks! It looks like it didn't hurt too much as she decided to do even more what I asked for today :) (or is it really like when you have kids and you kind of forget the pain? :rolleyes:)

when you go to a level 9 meet and kids are landing tsuks on their faces so the coach decides to pull the 8 incher to give them more room

Ugh, hear you. I always say the judges have got to come down harder. I've seen scores given for a dangerous vault. I say if it's borderline, it's void. They should have that leeway.

I had one of my gymnast (not the same one as my earlier post :p) tell me she just had an electronic shock in her foot when she landed her bar dismount (you know when it kind of makes an electric shock...) There's rarely a day when I'm not laughing out loud to what they say!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back