What is a good score in your opinion?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
I think anything in the 9s is good. I've only had one competition. And I placed 1st all around. 1st on beam and bars. 3rd on vault and second on floor. I didn't think I did my best but I didn't make any major mistakes. I know exactly what to fix but what is a good score in your opinion and a good total all around score?

I'm going to say at least a 34 all around, so at least an 8.5 on every event, because that qualifies you for regionals in my state. For me, just improving on every event from my last score regardless of what they was is a good score. Or keeping with trends I've experienced, so at least a 9 is good for me on vault because I usually get at least a 9. This is very subjective though and I usually just try to improve my overall performance and hope that's reflected in my scores. I refuse to view my scores until after I'm done competing because it takes stress away haha. :)

Did depends, how old is the gymnast, what level are they on, is it early or late in the season, how long have hey been competing, how many hours a week do they train, what are their ultimate goals in the sport, how long have they been on their current level, what is their physical capacity like, what country are they in? There is no single answer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back