Parents What is the strangest piece of gym equipment your dd/ds asked for?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

Both dd's went back to gym last night after the Christmas shutdown, both dd's enjoyed it and had a lot to say after we left the gym, youngest dd told me that they were doing front somersaults by bouncing along the trampoline (build into the floor) and then doing a front somersault into the pit, she said that she wished she had a trampoline and pit at home - I guess she enjoyed doing somersaults lol.

The only thing we have at home is a folding mat and as of yesterday some push up stands (parallette bars?)

My gymmies have figured out a way to put an entire gym "in" our basement... of course they want me to expand the basement past the house to the outer edges of the driveway (it is more than 3 cars wide out the back door and about 6 cars wide out the side door). They want the full set up... but everything dismounting into a pit, lol.

My daughter claims that one of the girls in her group has "an entire gym in her house" (she doesn't), which means that my daughter also needs a full in-home gym in order to remain competitive. Yet the space I cleared so she could practice handstands against the wall remains mysteriously unused.

I don't know if you can say that she asked for it, but DD LOVES to use my crutches and walking boot from an old injury! She's obsessed with them! I had to get her the set of crutches and casts for her American Girl doll!

With her Christmas money, my DD went to target and bought an ab roller because they use them at the gym! That goes along with our 2 mats, 2 beams and a pull up bar!

As you all may remember, Thanksgiving and Chanukah coincided this year. DS saw the bottle of Karo syrup I had gotten at the store to make pecan pie and for about 30 seconds, managed to convince himself that this meant he was getting his very own set of parallel bars in the basement. Um, no, dude!

Yep, mine when through a phase of wanting a complete gym in the basement.

We don't have a basement.
My daughter wants a trampoline. Our back yard is a hill sloping down to the alley behind us... not a flat place to be found. When I tell her that our yard was too hilly for a trampoline, she asks, "If it was flat, could we have one?" I tell her "sure!" since I figure there is very little chance of us waking up one morning to find our yard flat. So you can tell your DD that, if you HAD a basement, she could have a gym in it!

My ds has insisted that his father, my dh, has told him that we can turn our 4 car garage into a gym. It will have ropes, mats, a beam for his sister, and a full sized regulation pommel horse. C'm on mom, they only cost about $4000 each. Oh goody! Let's get two!!

Instead of having tramps and pits at home I think my dd would rather just move into the gym. Haven't worked out a way to arrange it yet!

Sounds like my daughter. I told her a couple weeks ago, in some countries, kids move to a gymnastics school, where they do gymnastics morning and night, and school in the middle. They don't even live with their parents. And my dd replies, oooooh, that's what I want!!! I don't even think I'd miss you!:(:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back