Off Topic What music are you listening to?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Time to bump this thread.

I've been listening to Shine Tonight on loop nearly nonstop the last couple days.

An interesting story about this guy; I met him at MAGfest this past year, and hadn't heard any of his music before. I was hanging out with a bunch of buddies from OCRemix, and he approached us to tell us how awesome he thought our music was, and how he was working on a song that he hoped to submit to OCR when he was done and yada yada yada. Basically, fanboyish gushing. We let him hang out with us, though, and he was a pretty cool dude, so I agreed to take a look at his track sometime and critique it, fully expecting it to be... well, for lack of a better word, n00b-ish.

Then I actually listened to the track (this one), and was absolutely blown away. And thus the roles were reversed, and I've been a Josh Welchel fanboy ever since.

Music!

At the moment i am listening to:
Samson - Regina Spector (if you haven't heard it, go listen to it!)
Florence & the machine
Rascal Flatts
Black eyed peas
Lady Gaga
Breathe - Sia
Wicked Soundtrack
those are the only ones i can think of now but i listen to heaps
except i can't stand Justin Beiber! (will not judge if you do though)

I'm listening to:

all things Bear McReary (want to have his music babies)

Children of Bodom (warheart owns)

Tasteless 80's rap (don't judge me)

NIN (no words to describe my love of NIN)

Tori Amos (Boys for Pele, and 'A Sorta Fairytale' *sigh*)

Remixes of The Cure (very good)

The entire soundtrack to Macross Frontier

Diru aka 'Nightmare' (Japanese band along the lines of My Chemical Romance...closest I can get to a comparison. 'The World' and 'Alumina' are amazing. Got into them by watching the anime 'Death Note')

Korn

Rage Against the Machine

Pre Black Album Metallica

That's what comes to mind so far!

"Old" rock and old songs, also my floor music! :) I especially love The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Train, Journey and Taylor Swift. :D

Just got home from a Powerglove/Sonata Arctica concert. I am deaf and hoarse and my head and neck are sore from headbanging.

Yes, it was that awesome.

On a anime kick again. Been listening to all things Full Metal Alchemist. If it's something you're into, the Brotherhood series is a-maz-ing! The ones with vocals are J-popish sounding.

Songs:

Again by YUI (Japanese vocals) *my personal favorite*

One is all, All is One by Senju Akira (instrumental)

Fullmetal Alchemist by Uso (Japanese vocals)

Lullaby of Rosembool by Senju Akira (instrumental)

Period by Chemistry (Japanese vocals)

There's tons of others, but these are my favorites

I have a confession to make:

I'm becoming a huge fan of Owl City.

It's extremely rare that I like an artist that actually gets played on mainstream radio stations, let alone hit stations, but man, I am loving this stuff. Synth and percussion sequencing is so refreshingly original, excellent production, beautiful stuff.

Best part: it's nerd music! Owl City is undeniably nerdy. Synths clearly set by somebody who KNOWS what they're doing (and a lot of distinctly chippy synths), extensively glitched percussion, lyrics that are anything but generic. This guy is a nerd through and through, and it shows in his music, and I love it.

I'm sort of hoping this is a sign of things to come; I hope that, much as bland rock ruled the '90s and obnoxious hip-hop ruled the '00s, nerdy synthpop will rule the '10s.

If such a trend continues, I may actually start listening to hit music stations.

Actually, I was listening to the Glee Cast until about 15 minutes ago. I'm starting to LOVE Glee! I am a "Gleek" now :) Now, I'm trying to figure out floor music. I'm thinking Mission Impossible theme, or Bella's Lullaby from Twilight. :) I also LOVE The Beatles and Michael Jackson! Love all the classic rock. I'm talking "American Pie", "Eye of the Tiger" and "Thunderstruck".

The State of Origin, a rugby grudge match between New South Wales and Queensland.

NSW, is pulling the same few plays. I'm sure they won't expect it this time, guys.:rolleyes:

GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR GEORGIA FAIR ....do i need to say more! they are an Australian band and are really and truely amazing

britney spears
Beyonce
Black eyed peas
Florence & the machine
Black eyed peas
Lady Gaga
Owl City - Fireflies
Paulo Sousa

Listening atm: Ak'sent - this one

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity