Parents What to do with old Leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do you do with your old Leos? Do you sell them on eBay or xxxxxxxxxxx.com?

Last edited by a moderator:
a bunch I try to hand down since those were handed down to us and they are in good condtion , others I will keep since it was a special leo (spring show etc ) and Ill keep a few of each size for youngest dd

Our gym has a used leo sale once a year, so I keep them for that. I did keep the one she wore on her first day of pre-team. :)

I mostly sell them on TradeMe (like eBay). Our gym also has a second hand sale once a year.

We have a 2nd hand rail at gym. It is in our parents waiting room. Each leotard has a clear plastic bag with a code stuck onto it. The code relates to who the leo belonged to and how much it costs. The parents put the money in the bag, give it to a coach and the leo is theirs! The coach then gives the money to whoever the leotard used to belong to. A fairly simple set up and it seems to work for us - just requires honesty. There is also a sheet on the wall above the rail which has a list of all the leotards on the rack. Parents must sign to say they have bought and paid for the leo.
We also put any 'reduced to clear' stock on there such as sweaters that just aren't selling, tracksuits that we no longer use etc.

Our gym has a buy back policy. Leos in good condition can be turned in for a discount off a new leo. These used leos are then sold at really great prices in the pro shop. This works out great for us and for the gym too.

What do you do with your old Leos? Do you sell them on eBay or xxxxxxxxxxx.com?

I am assuming that you are not affiliated with the above website, because it would be a real no no to try to get free advertising.

Last edited:
I sell all my used leos through our old gym, you put the price on them, the coach collects the money and hands it over. My leos sell pretty fast as we buy a lot of Adidas and they are hard to find here.

I've sold them on e-bay but now we donate them to the booster club and at the end of the month they have them for sale to raise money for the booster club usually $5-$10 depending on how fancy the leo is. The standard ones $5 the fancy ones (with jewels or ones we know were expensive to begin with) $10.

some I have given to younger gymnasts.

I am assuming that you are not affiliated with the above website, because it would be a real no no to try to get free advertising.

It obvious they are. If you look at the website it has the same logo as the OP's avatar. Free sneeky advertising!

Oh I know, it's just a very subtle warning. Next time I'll just ban him!! Unless he wants to pay for an ad of course!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back