cartwheel
back extension roll
balk walk over
front walk over (kinda)
front tuck
aerial (side)
front handspring (kinda)
standing back handspring
round off back handspring (and with 2 back handsprings)
Round off back handspring back tucks
* working on standing back tucks
Vault:
simple front hand spring

Bar's
Front hip circle
back hip circle
glide kip
long hang pullover
pike flyaway dismount
*working on long hang kip* (very close I just need to straighten my arms sooner)

Beam:
tuck jump connected to split jump
full turn
cartwheel cartwheel
pike jump
handstand
* just started working on back walk over

Questions:
what level do you think I am. (USAG)
what level are most high schoolers (I am going into high school next year)
about what level do you think I can get to by 17 (USAG)

Thanks, I know I have posted this before, but this is an updated version (new skills) and on the last one I did not get alot of feed back

You sound like a combination of levels 4 and 5, mostly 5. High schoolers are of all levels, from beginners to level 10, there really is no average. It depends on the team, some are beginner gymnasts and some are very advanced and dedicated club gymnasts. And like gymgirl said, you can probably reach level 6 or higher with hard work by 17.

I would say you're right about L5. You need to check with your high school regarding skills needed to be on the team. Most high school teams have girls competing L6 skills and higher. Can't predict where you'll be in 3 years. Might be good to sit down with your coaches and develop some long and short term goals.

Some areas Level 4, some Level 5....thinking you may be able to be a really good Level 6 or maybe Level 7 by age 17, but it depends a lot on your flexibility and strength (along with how much fear you may need to overcome some of the Level 7 skills)....

You seem pretty much level 5, maybe some not quite there.
You could be 6 it seems like with just a few more skills.
As for what level when your 17, it all depends on what skills you might struggle with along the way or not.
I'd say possibly level 7, by 17. But hey you never know, you might fly right by and be level 8. Or things might take some time and you'll be level 6. It really just depends.

Thanks so much to everyone who answered/will continue to answer. Could you please tell me what skills I need to get for the next level or what skills I am lacking from the previous level.
Example: If you say I am a level 4 but close to 5 please say what are the skills I need for level 5. If you tell my I am level 6 lacking a couple skills , please indicate what skills I lack.

Thanks again

Thanks so much to everyone who answered/will continue to answer. Could you please tell me what skills I need to get for the next level or what skills I am lacking from the previous level.
Example: If you say I am a level 4 but close to 5 please say what are the skills I need for level 5. If you tell my I am level 6 lacking a couple skills , please indicate what skills I lack.

Thanks again

Okay. Well with floor you could basically be level 4 or 5. The only thing level 6 floor is missing, is you have to do a frontwalkover fronthandspring connected. A 180 degree split leap also, if you don't have that.

Vault you could be level 6 as well.

For bars, the low bar is a kip, front hip circle, squat on, jump to high, long hang kip, back circle, push away, dismount. For level 6 you just need a clear-hip, and you said working flyaways and babygiants (which are level 6)

Beam. level 5 requires cartwheel, handstand, side handstand (dismount), full turn, leap, and straight jump split jump. Back walk overs are in the level 6 beam routine, also a full turn, leap, and tuck jump split jump are too.

Good luck with your skills!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back