What would be more fun to see US national or Olympic trials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
I was planning on surprising my DD at her birthday this spring with tickets to US nationals. Its a week after her birthday. I found out Sat that one of her gym friends is going to Trials. She mentioned to my DD that she should join them. They already have tickets. She would be going without me and going with this mom and gym girl I like and another mom and DD who I do not like at all. My DD of course wants to go. She of course had no idea that I was planning on taking her to US Nationals. Which would be more fun to see and be at? Trials will cost a bit less but she will be gone longer since they will take 2 days to drive each way. Also it will only be the top 12ish gymnasts competing for spots. But it would definatley be exciting since they will anounnce the team. If we go to nationals I will go( I know not as cool as going with a friend). It would be a shorter time period since we would fly. But I was thinking it would be better since she will be able to see a bigger field of gymnasts and will also be able to watch the juniors compete. My DD loves the juniors and know who they all are. If it where you which do you think would be the better competions for her to see?

FYI on tickets

Hi, I'm taking my daugher to Olympic Trials next year. We went to VISAs this year and had a blast, but I can't compare since this is our first time seeing the Olympic Trials. Just thought I'd mention that we got a big discount on tickets by buying them early. I can't remember the exact numbers, but we paid around $200 each for tickets with a face amount around $300 each. I suppose there may be other discounts through clubs too, but I think that particular early bird deal expires fairly soon. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. They are tickets for all sessions. I think I already posted this, but in case anyone is trying use Marriott miles--I had trouble pulling hotels up during this time on the Marriott website, but got them without a problem when I called the Marriott Rewards phone number.

Since the option is to go with or without you. I vote to go WITH YOU to nationals. We never forget the special time alone with mom. In my opinion it's better for you to have the memory together, you will talk and joke about it for years.

I called my mom on Saturday because something happened that reminded me of a silly time between us when I was in high school.

I would choose Visa w/ you, over trials with some people you don't like. Especially if you have 5 children, that's a very cool trip to do just the 2 of you.

I have been lucky enough to be able to go to Nationals, Trials, and Worlds. Worlds by far was the best bc there were teams you don't normally get to see on tv, but really making memories WITH your daughter outweighs sending her w/ other families IMO, even if the meet itself is better.

could you go to trials with her if you bought another ticket? I reckon trials would be better but i would think that if its a birthday present that you should go together

I get to go to trials this year since its in California :) and my friend is going to Nationals and taking me as long as I take her for the trials. and our moms are both going for both things, either one would be cool, but since the Olympics only come once every 4 years and they are announcing at the trials i think that trials would be the best, Nationals are every year.

I just spent an hour online trying to work out how I can go. But holy moly it is not cheap to fly there.

If you could go with it it'd be awesome, but of you don't like one of the families, hanging out with them for four days might be a bit too much.

Ah decisions, decisions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back