Coaches When was your first meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom&Coach

Coach
Proud Parent
When was your teams first meet this season, and how many do you have per level? We are on the East Coast.
We are STILL waiting ;p (im so excited and inpatient) our first meet is Nov 2/3 for my L3,4,5,6,7
We only have 5 meets, plus one homeshow, and states. I feel like this is not enough for girls, but im not the "big boss" ;)

Hmmm.... 1st Meet and the implied question of "enough meets." These are difficult question as it requires context.

In our state (in USA) our State L3,4,5 State Meets are in Dec. Our Team athletes at these levels have a Championship of the Levels in June (all levels compete against each other). Event placements, AA and level championships of the gym are at stake in this fun meet. EOM July we have a mock meet(w/judges and only L3-5), 1st weekend in Spet. we have a judges review, 1st meet 2nd or 3rd weekend in Sept. In our State the athletes must attend State Qualifiers and aquire a score to be elligble to compete at the State Meet. After the "season" the girls attend our spring hosted event and are elible for an "away meet." Move-ups are scheduled for April.

The above is our norm. Time is precious. The parents allow us to work with their most precious asset a limited hours and we must be efficient with that time. I do get to set the schedule andI believe that for the developmental levels they compete enough. I work hard with the primary coach staff of the different levels to make sure that enough time to train and upgrade skills are available as well as develop competition skills and routines.

In reflection, "enough meets", is very difficult to comment to, as it is relative to the gym and situation.

Best, SBG -

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back