WAG Why do some gyms stop at Level 9?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SignHere

Proud Parent
A friend asked me this ... She was looking at gyms and commented, why do some gyms say they
Train up to Level 8, some to Level 9, and some to 10?

What's the difference? Experience of coaches? Equipment? Both?

My club gym only trained up to level 9 mostly because we didn't have any pits or trampolines so it was more difficult for level 10 tricks to be taught. Because of this, the coaches did not have experience coaching higher than level 9 unless they came from other gyms. Some of them didn't even have the experience to coach level 9 but they tried anyway and didn't work out too well.

A friend asked me this ... She was looking at gyms and commented, why do some gyms say they
Train up to Level 8, some to Level 9, and some to 10?

What's the difference? Experience of coaches? Equipment? Both?

all the above AND because it's so darned hard given the hours required to be reasonably successful.

Perhaps they are being honest. Far better than looking at a gyms website that claims they train level 10/elite, when in reality the have at best, four mediocre level sixes.

all the above AND because it's so darned hard given the hours required to be reasonably successful.

That exactly what I think. What ever happened to the good old days when 20 ish hours was enough to get to get a capable kid to JO's and show well. There were perhaps 400 kids those days, in the entire country, who trained in excess of 30 hours a week. Now..... Geez, it seems there's at least that many in the bay area alone.

Perhaps they are being honest. Far better than looking at a gyms website that claims they train level 10/elite, when in reality the have at best, four mediocre level sixes.........Pineapple_Lump

Just adding to the fun here.....

Dear Mr/Ms/Mrs Lump,

I must ask you to refrain from mocking my L6 group. We (meaning me and maybe a middle school junior assistant coach) run a top notch program that allows kids to dream all they want. More importantly, whether you care or not, my gym's is name Blahblah *Elite* Gymnastics Training Center....... I assume you do know what an elite is, and hope you can show more respect to that word in the future.

Just adding to the fun here.....

Dear Mr/Ms/Mrs Lump,

I must ask you to refrain from mocking my L6 group. We (meaning me and maybe a middle school junior assistant coach) run a top notch program that allows kids to dream all they want. More importantly, whether you care or not, my gym's is name Blahblah *Elite* Gymnastics Training Center....... I assume you do know what an elite is, and hope you can show more respect to that word in the future.

Lol! Iwannacoach I always enjoy your quips :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back