Parents Xcel bronze floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastmomof2

Proud Parent
Is a handstand considered an acro element on bronze floor? Would a RO, backward roll (1st pass) and a separate handstand fulfill requirements?

TIA!

When DD did bronze last year she did cartwheel/cartwheel and then a handstand as her two passes at the beginning of the season. She switched to cartwheel round off and handstand forward roll mid season. I would guess that means the cartwheel counted.

I have seen girls do moves from the L3 routine in their floor routine... but there is a lot of extra skills in the L3 routine that can only cause a deduction if not executed perfectly - splits, handstand-bridge-kickover.
Is a handstand considered an acro element on bronze floor? Would a RO, backward roll (1st pass) and a separate handstand fulfill requirements?

TIA!
A handstand is considered an acro element at Bronze... even a 3/4 Handstand (as long as the feet close together) is considered acro for Bronze.
And Yes, those passes would fulfill the acro requirements.

Hmmmm. I'm flummoxed then. Little bit is not old enough for level 3 so they are having her compete her level 3 routines as an xcel for the first meet of the season. Is this setting her up for crazy low scores? Perhaps I should start another thread as I don't want to hijack this one

Hmmmm. I'm flummoxed then. Little bit is not old enough for level 3 so they are having her compete her level 3 routines as an xcel for the first meet of the season. Is this setting her up for crazy low scores? Perhaps I should start another thread as I don't want to hijack this one
Only Floor (and maybe beam) would be over time. Bars and vault would be fine.
On floor, they will have to shorten the music (or use different music) and choose what to leave out.
On beam, it is also a matter of leaving out or speeding up or taking the 0.1 for OT.

Beam won't be a big deduction. But floor will be a big deduction. She is going to be 5 the entire season?
Most of it....they have 7 meets including state. She will not compete at 4 bc of age, she will do bronze at 1 (only bc it's a meet we host and they want her to compete in some capacity), and she will turn 6 a couple of days before the last meet which will hopefully qualify her for L3 state. It was a case of move her up to 3 bc she can do everything but limited competitions vs doing 2 and still only compete at 3 meets bc that's all they do. Not really worried though just don't want her to be bummed about a low score for things really outside of her control. She'll be alright...ice cream post meet regardless ;-)

Only Floor (and maybe beam) would be over time. Bars and vault would be fine.
On floor, they will have to shorten the music (or use different music) and choose what to leave out.
On beam, it is also a matter of leaving out or speeding up or taking the 0.1 for OT.
I hope they just leave it alone...no use confusing the child changing the routine- went through that last year when she was a 2 then had to switch and learn the 1 routines bc she wasn't old enough for a meet the ended up being sanctioned when it originally wasn't going to be...that was a crazy 2 weeks for a 4 almost 5 year old. She was then moved back to 2 for another meet the following month. Coaches were great in helping her with the transitions but it was still tough.

.1 on beam is fine...I think she got that last season...she's a rather deliberate little slowpoke

Most of it....they have 7 meets including state. She will not compete at 4 bc of age, she will do bronze at 1 (only bc it's a meet we host and they want her to compete in some capacity), and she will turn 6 a couple of days before the last meet which will hopefully qualify her for L3 state. It was a case of move her up to 3 bc she can do everything but limited competitions vs doing 2 and still only compete at 3 meets bc that's all they do. Not really worried though just don't want her to be bummed about a low score for things really outside of her control. She'll be alright...ice cream post meet regardless ;-)

Okay that's what I was wondering. Knowing that I think they need to keep the routines the same and just keep the meet for experience. Luckily in the lowest age category of Bronze hopefully the other kids won't be scoring super high either, she may still place. I think as long as she doesn't really know how the score works and no one makes a big deal about it she won't be too bummed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back