WAG Xcel Platinum Vault question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone else has already asked this question as I have not been on chalkbucket often as of late.

I was wondering about the reasoning behind devaluing the front handspring vault in Xcel Platinum to a 9.8 start value. Platinum is not equivalent to level 7, so why is our front handspring vault worth a 9.8 when theirs is worth a 10? Not trying to complain really, just trying to understand this change. Is USAG just trying to encourage more of a variety in vaults in Platinum? Or make Platinum closer to Diamond in skill level? Or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

I wondered the exact same thing... But considering that in Diamond, it is only downgraded to a 9.4 ... And from L7 to L8, it is downgraded from a 10.0 to a 9.00, it doesn't seem worth it to even bother downgrading it in Platinum.
It is kinda like downgrading the Yurchenko layout full in College to a 9.95. There are still plenty of women competing it (and outscoring those competing vaults with a 10.0 SV).
I think they want to encourage at least twisting in Platinum in preperation for Diamond.

Thank you @raenndrops for your reply! That would make sense if the purpose was to encourage more twisting, though I agree that like the yurchenko full in NCAA, most probably won't change their vaults for such a small deduction. I know I won't anytime soon and I very rarely see any vaults other than the FHS at meets.

I also heard that it is to encourage twisting. Out of 10 XP girls at my DD's gym only 3 of them are doing the FHS, all the others have switch to a 1/2 on. Most girls I see at meets are also not doing the FHS. Guess it just depends where you are. We are in Region 1

DD is still competing the FHS. We were just at the Chicago Style meet, and every Platinum in her age group did the FHS.

Any idea if "they" will change the FHS back to a 10.0 for next year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back