WAG You know you're coaching young gymnast when...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

catou

Coach
You know you're coaching young gymnasts when...

They ask you each other if they have a boyfriend and when one of them answer yes, one of the other gymnasts ask her how many teeth her boyfriend has lost.

Well, that is such an important information to know about someone :D

That kind of disturbed my coaching for a couple of minutes.

That's a pretty good one.

So you know you're coaching a young gymnasts when she walks through the door wearing her leotard backwards for front...... every week.

Here's another...... As a young coach a child asks if you have any children, and upon hearing that you don't asks if you have any grandchildren.

They ask you each other if they have a boyfriend and when one of them answer yes, one of the other gymnasts ask her how many teeth her boyfriend has lost.

A valid question at any age!

But seriously cute story and yes, I can see how that would temporarily throw you off your game! LOL

That's a pretty good one.

So you know you're coaching a young gymnasts when she walks through the door wearing her leotard backwards for front...... every week.

Here's another...... As a young coach a child asks if you have any children, and upon hearing that you don't asks if you have any grandchildren.

Always a good time watching the littles trying to figure out whey they have storage space up front while their little butt cheeks hang out the back! LOL

But ouch about the kids/grandkids!

Those stories are great! I was subbing in the schools last week and one of the students asked if I had any sons. I said yes. he then asked me if they were older than me. LOL I made him figure out why that question made no sense and was totally cracking up on the inside.

I also had one (she was then 3 years old) bringing Powerade with her as a special treat that week, telling me she had brought her gymnastics juice :)

When she comes out of the bathroom, leotard in hand, asking for help getting it back on :)

That disturbs the entire gym for a few minutes :eek:

Funny! DD's coach just told me the other night that he gets a reality check when he sees DD carrying her carseat out at the end of every practice (we carpool). He said I have to remind myself she may be training level 8 but she still rides in a carseat.

When you can't allow them to stand on the large spotting deck by the pit bar while waiting for their turn because they just try to give you bunny ears while you're spotting.

You know you're coaching young gymnasts when you tell one of them you were born in the nineties and they respond with a wide-eyed look of amazement and cry, "Whoah! So you were around for like...the Civil War and all that?!"

True story. The girls had to lead their own stretches for a couple of minutes while us coaches recovered. :)

You know you are coaching little ones when they try to add some dance for vault "routine" also. True story, happened just today. Two of the youngest girls in our "elite team" who compete level B have a straight jump up to a mat stack and they just figured out they wanted to make it more fancy... I laughed so much when they did those vaults with some beam dance moves on the mat and were like what, aren't we allowed to use them at competition next weekend?!

Then another story. I asked a 6 year old girl to start practicing her gold level routine after finishing jumps and leaps on beam. I asked if she remembers her routine and she said "Yeah of course I do!!!". When I watched her second time I noticed she was doing her floor routine on beam... And she finished it with chin up. She even did a 360 degree straight jump on beam like no big deal :)

My gymnasts look like they are loving gossips... Today the subject was: have you ever kiss a boy on his mouth... One answered: Yes! Me! In day care! During nap! He told me I was beautiful!

And then they just threw names of boys I could have kissed in the past, like Alexander Ovechkin, Sydney Crosby (Yeah sure...) and Christopher Columbus!! Couldn't help but give them a little history course there... I mean, I'm 24.

I assure you we trained floor, beam, bars and conditioning, even if it sounds like a girl pyjama party :p

This makes me miss coaching little ones! They're just so much fun. Though high schoolers are also full of comments that are funny in their own way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back