Parents Young Rec Coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jaks

Proud Parent
My dd had to give up her usual rec gym session to take a exam dance class until next year. I had to change her day and due to the gym being busy could only get a session on a Saturday lunch time.

I have noticed that this class is being taught by young helper coaches ( who are all lovely) but one of them lets children hang all over her and jump all over her during sessions and the young coaches do tend to talk between themselves while session is on.

On my dd's old class before she had to change they had older coaches and the above was not so much of a problem. These older coaches are around on a Saturday but they are working with the team kids.

I haven't been very comfortable since my dd had to change. Maybe it is just me overreacting but as I am paying I would like to think my dd was getting what we pay for. My dd behaves in class ad doesn't jump or hang off the coaches.

Yesterday's session was uncomfortable and during the last rotation (floor) they only got 5 mins including being showed what to do due to mucking about on the previous rotation.

I personally have zero tolerance to this shanenagin like this in the class. Lol I am not CGM but been in the gym for a while to understand that some parents enroll the kids just for that what you saw in your last class. We have classes that tend for all the fun rec gym can bring. Although this stuff is not for us I see this happen a lot. Parents bring the kids to those classes to have fun. They (parents) don't cansider it as real gym and they love it that way. For some reason. They can care less what's going on. As long as the kid have fun. Congratulations you just witnessed the class like that :)

Same here. I think this is pretty common for rec classes because they are supposed to be fun. When DD was in rec, I talked to other parents to find out who the better coaches were. Once she got into an advanced class it wasn't an issue at all.

There was one girl in particular that made me crazy! She taught rec classes and helped with team as well. The problem was she preferred team. It was obvious that she resented being forced to teach rec. She barely looked at the kids, rolled her eyes alot, flirted with the male coaches nearby. I was angry enough to complain to the owners about her. There need to be at least attentive coaches in rec because that is where the future team members come from.

Best not to watch lol. I guess as long as my dd is still having fun is all that matters. I will have to bite my lip until she can go back to her weekday class.

I will keep quiet unless my dd has a problem with what's going on or she hurts herself due to them chatting amongst themselves.

i have always found things like this uncomfortable where children are allowed to jump over coaches/teachers or hang off them. If my dd behaved like this I would have words with her as it stops them from doing their job. Don't get me wrong these young helpers are nice people.

Maybe it's just me. I have spike to other parents who have the same issue with this particular coach so who knows.

There was one girl in particular that made me crazy! She taught rec classes and helped with team as well. The problem was she preferred team. It was obvious that she resented being forced to teach rec. She barely looked at the kids, rolled her eyes alot, flirted with the male coaches nearby. I was angry enough to complain to the owners about her. There need to be at least attentive coaches in rec because that is where the future team members come from.

Quite similar to my issue. It's pot luck to what coaches my dd gets but I always dread when my dd gets put with a certain coach.
Rec class should be fun that's not my issue, it's the coaches mucking about between themselves I am uncomfortable with as well.

It sounds like it could be a potential saftey issue. I would discuss your concerns with the head coach/ gym manager/ someone in charge. Having fun is great but not paying attention to your students is something else.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back