Parents 2nd Meet results for oldest DD :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amber

Proud Parent
So oldest DD, 10, had her second Excel Bronze meet this weekend. She did well, placing 3rd overall in her age group!

She got a 8.85 on beam (she does a lot better in practice...much more conservative in meets), 8.9 on floor (a slightly bent leg in a leap), and got 9.2 on vault (surprisingly her best event now), and 9.15 on bars (her favorite)!

Her AA was 36.0, up a full point from her first meet. Our gym does pretty basic routines for Excel Bronze and Silver, and DD is struggling accepting that. She enjoys scoring well, but feels that her team's floor routines are "babyish". Some Bronze teams this weekend did front walkovers and BHS, and while DD can do them in practice, no one on her team does level 4 or over skills at meets. I guess its a trade-off.

She has a meet in two weeks, and I'm keeping fingers crossed that the good luck fairies come again:D

So oldest DD, 10, had her second Excel Bronze meet this weekend. She did well, placing 3rd overall in her age group!

She got a 8.85 on beam (she does a lot better in practice...much more conservative in meets), 8.9 on floor (a slightly bent leg in a leap), and got 9.2 on vault (surprisingly her best event now), and 9.15 on bars (her favorite)!

Her AA was 36.0, up a full point from her first meet. Our gym does pretty basic routines for Excel Bronze and Silver, and DD is struggling accepting that. She enjoys scoring well, but feels that her team's floor routines are "babyish". Some Bronze teams this weekend did front walkovers and BHS, and while DD can do them in practice, no one on her team does level 4 or over skills at meets. I guess its a trade-off.

She has a meet in two weeks, and I'm keeping fingers crossed that the good luck fairies come again:D
That is great! Congrats to her! My dd is an xcel Gold and is having fun with it. We have a meet in a couple weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back