WAG Can MAG coaches coach WAG?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had to send in videos for my level 3 WAG qualification when I moved over here and they accepted the higher stuff I had taught the guys because the spotting is the same. I just didn't have any girls doing those skills at the time.

I was trying to work out which way you moved - from the US to the UK? I wondered how hard it was to transfer from one to the other, so it's good to know that they will accept the video evidence.

I came from the US to Ireland, I just have my origin country listed. It was surprisingly easy to get my qualification, but I feel like they were trying to give me hard time because they asked for skills way higher than needed for level 3. I didn't find out until after I got here and learned what the course actually covered.

I think its is extremely valuable for all MAG coaches to have a WAG understanding, and all WAG coaches to have a MAG understanding.

I was. WAG gymnast, then a MAG coach, then a WAG coach. In my gym I have specific MAG and WAG coaches (you need different qualifications in Australia too). But they do interchange. If a MAG coach is away a WAG coach will step in and vice versa.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back