Coaches Coaches/Judges food at meets - Input Requested

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

emiloots

Proud Parent
I'm taking over as meet food coordinator for coaches & judges. Just wondering as coaches what foods/meals do you like or not like when attending meets. Ours is a large 3 day meet so 24+ coaches and 8+ judges at any given time. We have a loose 'menu' but trying to shake it up a little.

I always love when it's catered by Chipotle or Qdoba and they have build your own bowls. It stays pretty well when kept out all day and is super easy to customize (low carb, vegetarian, etc). Diet coke is my special meet treat, so I always hope to see that as well. I also like jerky/beef sticks and individual packs of nuts for when I'm just grabbing something quick.

I don't love pasta things because it tends to not be great unless it's fresh. Subs/sandwiches can be good as long as condiments are left off to the side so it doesn't get mushy.

I don't love pasta things because it tends to not be great unless it's fresh. Subs/sandwiches can be good as long as condiments are left off to the side so it doesn't get mushy.

Boom... right here. Baked ziti is junk... everyone serves it and it's always terrible... always dry... always not hot.

Jimmy John's always comes soggy. Build your own bars are always better.

Very simple things are great too. Hearty soups can stay warm and ready all day and it's cheap.

The food should just generally be "good".

Yes to soups! I still remember fondly a meet from maybe 18 years ago when they had a delicious soup and salad bar.

I dislike having pizza as it gets cold quickly and is usually really greasy causing me to have a stomach ache during the session.

I think the chipotle type build your own bowls are great. And although catered meals from local restaurants are nice, it is always helpful to have grab and go snacks like protein bars etc to eat when the meal times do not line up with the session breaks.

I also appreciate good coffee at all times of the day!

Build your own items are always my favorite. Salads, bowls, whatever it may be. Chipotle, Qdoba, & Panera are all great catering options if you go that route. Let me pick my protein, veggies, etc. and let it all be fresh when I eat it! Soups are also great. Have coffee, water, soda, and some snack (granola bars, chips, goldfish, etc) type items available at all times! I also appreciate when meets provide a schedule of when food will be delivered. At the gyms I have coached at, we require coaches to be in awards with our athletes. Knowing when food will be delivered allows us to pop in and get our food hot and take it to awards if needed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back