WAG flyaway fear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

have your coach spot or scratch the event. you don't have a lot of options.

Breathe deep, relax. :) Talk to your coaches, and hopefully they can spot you in warm ups to get your confidence back. Hopefully, they will remind you of all the times you have made it successfully. And remember that just because you are 'scared', that doesn't mean you are 'incapable'! The two don't have to equal each other. I think you might just be feeling a few pre-meet jitters, and that's normal. I hope you do well today, but more importantly, I hope you have fun. Let us know how it turns out. :)

thanks, i will definitely remember this, it probably is just me being nervous, it just came out of nowhere!
I will definitely let you know how it goes!! ☺

First off, you WILL be okay. This happens to a lot of gymnasts. What you need to know is that if you have had your flyaway for 3 years your body will remember how to do it-- it's a little thing called muscle memory. If your really freaking out, ask your coach for a spot on one so you can remember how easy it really is. Don't over-think it and you will be fine. Good luck at your meet!

Great job! Just use the memory of this experience next time your mind lies to you and tells you that you can't do something. Yes you can! Congrats! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back