MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ava_54

Banned
Gymnast
Aug 21, 2019
Hi i have been doing gymnastics for 4 years and having a side aerial is my dream but i guess i wont be able to do achieve my dream :( I have a good cartwheel, one handed cartwheel and a pop cartwheel but when it comes to diving into cartwheel or approaching an aerial my heart starts palpitating and my anxiety pops up. I cant stop putting my hands down even in the beginning. Side aerial is becoming a fear for me. And when i approach it i cant stop thinking about my hands and my legs do whatever they wanna do in the air i cant control them. So i really need help

Carabistouille

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Jan 22, 2019
Have you spoken to your coach about this goal of yours ? He should be able to help you overcoming your fear and to give you some drills.
Is there a pit in your gym ? If so, you can try it there so that there is little risk to injure yourself. Also you can try it from a slighly elevated surface (typically a springboard) onto the pit so that you have a little bit more air time.

Reactions: Jard.the.gymnast

ava_54

Banned
Gymnast
Aug 21, 2019
actually i didnt talk to my coach yet but i will thank you so much for your advices

txgymfan

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
You need to be 16 to join Chalk Bucket. You are welcome to come back in a year. I’m banning you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.