New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Feb 21, 2015
Does anyone know what a front handspring front pike vault is worth in JO? I am talking about running and hitting the table like for a level seven front handspring and then doing the pike out of it….not doing an extra front handspring onto the springboard and then doing the front pike.
(I know that is a 10 start value)
Old code says it is a 9.8…..has it changed?

Em09

Gymnast
Fan
Oct 13, 2020
Australia
Oh great! Sorry about the misunderstanding. The clarification mucked me up so I decided to provide both, just to be sure.

Reactions: duyetanh

Tigtimes

Proud Parent
May 12, 2015
Yes 9.8, a tuck is 9.7
my daughter did the pike and scored very well. Not a common vault she was usually the only one competing a front entry vault

• Love
Reactions: duyetanh

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Feb 21, 2015
Yes 9.8, a tuck is 9.7
my daughter did the pike and scored very well. Not a common vault she was usually the only one competing a front entry vault
It’s really strange that it’s a 9.9 start value in college, lol

Tigtimes

Proud Parent
May 12, 2015
It’s really strange that it’s a 9.9 start value in college, lol
Yes it is. I will say she got alot of respect from coaches and competitors, it is not an easy vault. I often think it is a lower start value just to discourage it. If you go wrong or not enough power it can be dangerous in my opinion

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Feb 21, 2015
Yes it is. I will say she got alot of respect from coaches and competitors, it is not an easy vault. I often think it is a lower start value just to discourage it. If you go wrong or not enough power it can be dangerous in my opinion
I know. The d*mn thing makes me nervous but am trying not to go there….

duyetanh

Proud Parent
Feb 21, 2015
But I guess all of the vaults are dangerous, right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.