Level 8 bar dismount

GYMNASTICS
Parents... Coaches... Judges... Gymnasts...
DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members See FEWER Ads!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2008
east coast
No, that dismount is a C- and L8's are no longerallowedto do C's. (Except a pirouette and a clear hip hs- nad C dance on Beam & Floor). Its the dumbest rule change the committe has done is forever!

gymdog

Coach
Jul 5, 2007
Are pike off underswing dismounts (also with1/2 turn) of any value in 8?

No, because it has to be a hecht or salto. A couple years ago they decided to make hecht dismounts allowable, so that could be an option.

I hadn't even thought of this bar dismount issue re: the no Cs in L8 rule.

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
Jun 21, 2007
As I just mentioned on another thread, you could do a half or full twisting layout, both are Bs.

I think the rule changes stink too, wish they would of stayed how they were - oh well! :rolleyes:

C

cathiann

Is there a website somewhere that lists what value different moves have?

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
Jun 21, 2007
I have a list of skill values that is sort of outdated since the current rules when into affect and the website that it was from doesnt' have a page up anymore. There has got to be something out there somewhere...

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller.... ;)

gymdog

Coach
Jul 5, 2007
As I just mentioned on another thread, you could do a half or full twisting layout, both are Bs.

Well, I suspect the problem is the gymnast is having issues doing a back flyaway. Toe fronts, while technically harder, are less scary for some gymnasts.

If the gymnast will do a front flyaway (also less scary for some, hard to hit the bar when you're not coming from a front giant), the most easy way I see around needing a substitute for a back flyaway is to do the high bar, instead of flyaway go into an early blind/half turn (like the 5 dismount, no push off), do the front swing, right into the front flyaway. Should not be an extra swing though it's possible the half turn could get amplitude deductions.

Edit: also, common optional dismounts and values:
-layout flyaway A
-layout half/full B
-1.5 or double C
-double back (tuck/pike) C
-toe front C

So the layout 1/2 or full meets minimum 9 requirements and the C dismounts meet min L10 reqs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.