WAG Practice before meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
The schedule for DDs state meet was put out and it is on a Saturday afternoon, same time as her normal practice. Due to this she will not practice for 5 days before the meet. She is concerned this is too long to not practice before a meet (the 5 days of no practice has been a constant bone of contention already). What do you all think? Is not practicing for almost a week before a comp a big deal or no? She wants me to beg her coach to let her practice with the other training group on Wednesday, but the HC is not generally open to such requests, so I don't feel like rocking the boat unless it IS actually a big deal. Thanks for the advice!

I agree, I would be a bit concerned about 5 days without practice before a meet. But would I personally rock the boat? nope. It's your daughter's sport, and her desire to work out on Wednesday, have her approach her coach and request the extra day.

She will (she is definitely not shy), but these things have to come through parents ultimately to be approved. I guess we will play it by ear.

It has been resolved, thanks.

* I tried to edit or delete my original post, but apparently posts cannot be deleted or changed. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back