1st "medaling" meet of the season- Level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lhmom

Proud Parent
Well, the season is officially underway for DD. 1st meet of the season was yesterday and I think it's safe to say that she is fairly pleased with herself, at least on 3 of the 4 events. :p Bars went smoother than it did at Judges' Cup so she saw her score rise here: 9.45. Beam: ugh! She had some bobbles and for the 1st time in competition, came off the beam on the leap. It seems like any nerves she has shows up here. Oh well....8.6. Floor was good and with the improvement in her back handspring, she's also seen an improvement in scores: 9.4. Vault did not go as she wanted- she told me that in warm-up, she had "jammed" her ankle and that it was bothering her but I thought it was still pretty solid: 9.375. She was pleased overall because at this same comp last year, she struggled with skills and this year it was much improved. :) And she met one of her goals so far: make at least a 36 at this 1st meet and she ended up with a 36.875. Another piece of good news is that her ankle feels better today which is a relief! I was a little worried about it, but my husband thinks she is fine (he's a physician :D). Looking forward to the next one in a few weeks!

That is a GREAT first meet! Congrats to her! Glad her ankle is feeling better too, that is icing on the cake!

Glad her ankle is feeling okay. Handy having a doctor in the house!

Very true. :) Usually he tells me to call the pediatrician (since he is not one), but this time he checked it himself. I was concerned since it was a little swollen last night, but looked much better today. Whew!

She had a great meet! And she is so cute.

It was also great to finally meet you.

WTG to your DD. She has every right to be proud of herself. And glad that her ankle is feeling better and it was nothing major. Loved the video. She did a great job

Congrats to your DD! Way to start the year. You both should be proud. I am suprised your dh usually says to call the ped. My dad always told us we were "fine". He only looked at us closely if we threatened to call a "real doctor". Nevermind that he is a surgeon.

Congrats to your DD! Way to start the year. You both should be proud. I am suprised your dh usually says to call the ped. My dad always told us we were "fine". He only looked at us closely if we threatened to call a "real doctor". Nevermind that he is a surgeon.

My dh says it's been too long since he did his pediatric rotations as a resident to diagnose our sick kids, LOL. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back