2010-2011 meeting at the meet thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Well, I guess I just answered my own question from my post in the 2009-2010 version of this thread. I'll just get us started.

Please post your meets here when you have them. Let's see how many of us can meet this year!

I don't know where the summer went!! Too fast, that's for sure!

Here's our tentative meet schedule. Coach says a couple more will be added.

Yurchenko Invitational ~ our home meet ~ Dec. 11-12
Maryland Classic @ Hills ~ Jan. 14-17
Silvia Mitova Invitational @ Silvia's ~ Jan. 21-23
Dalmation Classic @ Spirit Gym ~ Feb. 11-13
Pink Invitational @ AJS ~ Feb. 25-27
States @ GymDandy's ~ April 30-May 1

We are still waiting for ours - wish it would come soon so I can plan other events.

I'm not going to a lot of club meets this year because of the highschool team, but I am for sure going to:

Wilkey's candyland invitational
Cape cod classic
Chicago Style (LOVE that meet)
And FlipFest invitational.
States, Regionals, we'll see if I even qualify! :p

Not a lot of meets at all! One sectional, one away meet, and two invitationals... I'll probably end up signing up for a few more sectionals, but not many more. I have the oppurtunity to go to a LOT of meets this year, but it's hard to balance the USAG ones with the hs ones. Esp. since if I miss a hs meet, I get suspended from the team! :eek:

I can not wait until Kadee is a higher level (L2 now) and will actually compete more. They said that as a level 2 she will go to a few meets, mostly local, or at least within the state. They do invite the little ones to go to other states, LA, MI, AL with them to get the experience of the meet in general. But they only preform locally till they are a L4. It should be exciting, and it will help break this poor gymnasticaly uneducated Momma in to the game before she is competing everywhere they go. Im looking forward to seeing where all you ladies (and fellas) are going, and how you do. Good luck everyone

Alas, we will have a very short meet season this year. We will be moving to Texas and they season ends in December and that's when our's really begins. The plan right now is to move during Christmas break so we sould be able to do a few meets. That of course is subject to change.

Two league meets
Christmas City Classic in Bethlehem, PA

Alas, we will have a very short meet season this year. We will be moving to Texas and they season ends in December and that's when our's really begins. The plan right now is to move during Christmas break so we sould be able to do a few meets. That of course is subject to change.

Two league meets
Christmas City Classic in Bethlehem, PA

You should come to the Yurchenko Invitational meet in Allentown at LVSA. That's where we'll be....hosting and competing!! Maybe we could meet-up at the X-mas City Classic, though. We have that weekend off, I think. :)

Sunobo, what are the league meets that you mention? My daughter is on the local Y team, but this year is the first year that we're doing the YMCA league meets. It makes for a busier than usual meet season... 4 Y meets and 4 USAG meets.

The PA YMCA League meets we're going to are in Waynesboro, Hanover, York, and Lebanon.

The four USAG meets are:
Tricks N Treats: Lebanon
Nittany Kickoff Classic: State College
Snowflake Invitational: Bloomsburg
Hugs and Kisses: Hershey

Nittany is the local private club, so that's just a few miles away, but the closest out of all the rest is more than 80 miles away. I know that a lot of people travel out of state for meets, but for a puny little Y team, going to 7 meets that are between 80 and 140 miles away seems fairly intense!

You should come to the Yurchenko Invitational meet in Allentown at LVSA. That's where we'll be....hosting and competing!! Maybe we could meet-up at the X-mas City Classic, though. We have that weekend off, I think. :)

As much as I would love to attend your meet, we have a league meet that weekend.

Sunobo, what are the league meets that you mention?

Our gym participates in a league with about 8 other gyms around the state and the league hosts four low cost meets a year. Those invitational entry fees can really add up fast.

Sunobo: Where in Texas are you guys moving to? We are in Texas if you need any gym names. :) Just pm me and I will help if all possible.

I believe the Barbados Team is planning to go to the Crown of the Carolinas meet in Rock Hill again this year. We also usually do the Winter Invitational in Puerto Rico in February, as well as the Trinidad and Tobago Nationals in June. I'm not sure if we can afford to do any other U.S. meets. We really need to find a good one within driving distance of Miami, as that's the easiest U.S. airport for us, and it keeps our travel time and cost down if we stick to Florida.

I believe the Barbados Team is planning to go to the Crown of the Carolinas meet in Rock Hill again this year. We also usually do the Winter Invitational in Puerto Rico in February, as well as the Trinidad and Tobago Nationals in June. I'm not sure if we can afford to do any other U.S. meets. We really need to find a good one within driving distance of Miami, as that's the easiest U.S. airport for us, and it keeps our travel time and cost down if we stick to Florida.
Going to your "home" meet would be a great time for me:D! I could get a vacation out of the deal too:D!!!

is any one else going to the circle of stars meet in indianapolis??

Sunobo: Where in Texas are you guys moving to? We are in Texas if you need any gym names. :) Just pm me and I will help if all possible.

We're moving to Fort Worth. Hubby's job will be on the south central side and we're not sure yet where we will be living. It will most likely be either south somewhere off of 35W or on the North East side.

I'm thinking a smaller gym would be a better choice. DD is a second year L5. She has some serious back tumbling fears and her current gym is great with helping her take her time to work though those fears. For example she has gone from refusing to do even a backbend to being able to do a ROBHSBHS but someone has to be standing on the floor. They don't have to touch her but they have to be nearby. I need a gym that can help her continue to overcome those fears without being harsh about it.

We just received our meet schedule last night! They brought in a judge to score our girls. If you received a 32 or higher, you can compete at the first meet.

All Star Classic ~ Starbound ~ October 3
Acorn Team Cup ~ Arena ~ October 16/17
Northern Elite Invitational ~ Northern Elite ~ November 21
2011 Brestyan Invitational ~ Brestyan's ~ Jan 15-17
2011 Parkettes Invitational ~ Parkette's ~ Jan 28-30
2011 Pink Invitational ~ AJS Pancott/United Sports Center ~ Feb 25 -27

and we we also have at least 2 sectional and states!! :)

The first couple of meets I'm sure we're going to. After that I'm just listing the meets we go to almost every year (all are held in NY):

Halloween Invitational
Autumn Classic
Candy Cane Classic
Leatherstocking Meet
GC2 Coaches Classic
Elmira Spring Fling
DC Stars Spring Spectacular (we host)
Hawaiian Cup

And of course there are NY states. I'd be at the level 5 one if I made it.

~Subject to change when we get the official schedule~

Halloween Invite...our home meet ~October 30-31
Holiday Meet~December 11-12
Winter Carnival~January 8-9
Star Struck Invitational~January 14-16
Ocean State Classic~March 4-6

And possibly...
Judges Cup
American Flyers Cup

nettyinpa, our gym attended the Dalmation Classic. It was a blast, I had so much fun!

Blast Off Invitational, Sept 18-19 @ our gym
Invitational (Rocktober I think), Oct 3 @ Dynamo
In House (maybe w/one or two teams), Oct21 @ our gym
IGC Halloween Invite, Oct 30-31 @ IGC Camp in PA
4/5/6 Sectional #1, Nov 6-7 @ Bishop Ahr HS
Turkey Tumble, Nov 13-14 @ Bishop Ahr
Home meet Nov 18th @ our gym
Greater NY Invitational, Dec 4-5 @ Rockland Com College
4/5/6 Sectional #2 Dec 11-12 hosted by our gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity