2010-2011 meeting at the meet thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Netty....We're going to the Dalmation classic too!!!!! I'm so excited to hear from another poster that it's a fun meet!!

Our "tentative" schedule is::

Commonwealth Cup - Fredericksburg, VA Nov 21-22
Judges Cup - Chesapeake, VA Dec 11-12
Arlington Aerials Invitational - Jan (can't remember the dates)
Dalmation Classic - Feb 13-14
L7 States - March 28

I may have the EXACT dates wrong, but the names of the meets are correct.

Last edited:
Anybody going to the Greensboro invitate?

nope - we will be at:
River St. Classic - Savannnah GA Sept 19
Ghost & Goblin - I think @ Raleigh School
Thanksgiving Invite - Artisitic - Weekend before Thanksgiving ( but I will be @ Mickey's house that weekend :) )
Last one is in December @ Myrtle Beach

nope - we will be at:
River St. Classic - Savannnah GA Sept 19
Ghost & Goblin - I think @ Raleigh School
Thanksgiving Invite - Artisitic - Weekend before Thanksgiving ( but I will be @ Mickey's house that weekend :) )
Last one is in December @ Myrtle Beach

We're not doing any fall meets this year (except for one in-house meet) -- we'll just be competing in spring.

Tumblequeen's mom, we will be at Commonwealth Cup and may see you at Level 7 states too. I'm still not entirely sure whether my dd is competing L6 or L7 - may be L6 at Commonwealth Cup but L7 by States. Would be cool to meet up if we are in the L7 session. Here's our meet schedule:

Commonwealth Cup, Fredericksburg VA
Home meet
Judge's Cup Sectional (if Level 6, otherwise not)
VIGS New Years Opener
Sand Dollar, Orlando Metro (If Level 7)
Virginia Beach Classic (home meet)
Excalibur Cup
Manhattan Classic
Level 6/7 state

Hi Megley... no time, no talk! Do you remember us meeting at a meet that your gym hosted about 3 years ago??? I think you were one of the beam timers at that session!

Anyway, yes we must touch base again!!! Can you believe that L7 states is sooooo early this year? We only have 4 meets to get ready for states.... it should be an interesting season! Now... if only DD doesn't have to deal with anymore fear issues... but shhh... I didn't say that!

Beth will be at:
Peppermint Twist Dec 4-5, I think
Lady Luck Meet, Las Vegas, Jan mid
Winter Challenge, St. Paul, 3rd week Jan
Chicago Style, mid-Feb.
some meet in Florida, March 4-6 (Tim Rand Invitational, I think?)
Rising Stars meet, St. Paul, March 11-12
MN State Meet end of March

This is my dd's meet schedule for this season.

Nov 19-21 Horton Inv - ISU/Normal, IL
Dec 12-13 Justin Spring Inv - Champaign, IL
Jan 8-9 Crossroads Classic - Bloomington. IL
Jan 15-16 S t. Jude - Peoria, IL
Jan 21-23 Circle of Stars - Indianapolis, IN
Feb 11-13 Chicago Style- Chicago, IL
Feb 19-20 GymQuarters - St Louis
Feb 25-27 St Louis Classic - St. Louis

DD is a 22nd year level 8 and will be doing the following meets:

Dec 18th & 19th: Spirit Holiday Invite, St. Paul MN
Jan 7th- 9th: Gopher Invite, Minneapolis MN
Jan 21st - 23rd: Winter Challenge, St. Paul MN
Feb 4th - 6th: Mississippi River Gymnastics Vacation Classic. Dubuque IA
Feb 19th - 20th: Tropical Twist, St. Cloud MN
March 5th -6th: Northern Lights Minneapolis MN
March 12th - 12th: Rising Stars Invite North St. Paul, MN
March 26th & 26th: Optional State MN
April 15th- 17th; Regional Des Moines IA (we hope!!)

We have a team that does not travel outside of MN much its too bad because, I think it is good to get out of your home turff sometimes. Oh well that is how it goes. We are doing the Iowa meet for the first time and hope it is a suceesfull trip. We have always gone to WI and parents expressed the wish to try elsewhere.

TQM, I DO remember that! Boy, I am the worst beam timer and I never did it again. My dd just made her first giant yesterday and they sent home floor music so it looks like she will be a Level 7 this year. I am not doing anything but watching at Commonwealth Cup so we must see if we can touch base and root for each others' dds! Sending lots of positive vibes to your dd! NO fear!

And yes, states is super early this year. It's going to be a short season, but as a plus on to up training sooner I guess! :D

Netty....We're going to the Dalmation classic too!!!!! I'm so excited to hear from another poster that it's a fun meet!!

It is a fun meet. We've gone to in a couple years in a row. They also hosted the Keystone Games at that gym. They do a pretty good job. What level is your dd? Maybe we'll see each other.

It seems that just our travel meets are on the schedule as of right now.

Brestyan's Invitational Jan 14-16th
Sportsplex Team Classic Jan 28-30th
Chicago Style Feb 11-13th

I'm sure that there will be others, but I do know for a fact that the season starts with the Brestyan's meet.

Dd will be competing L9, yay! :applause:

I'm sure that there will be others, but I do know for a fact that the season starts with the Brestyan's meet.

That's awesome!! How's her foot? I think that's where her injury was. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm glad to hear she'll be competing 9. Can't wait to see video!

That's awesome!! How's her foot? I think that's where her injury was. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I'm glad to hear she'll be competing 9. Can't wait to see video!

You are right it was her foot she broke. Her foot is competely healed, it took about 4 months, but she is doing great now - has been since May. Not only did she get back what she had fairly quickly, she has been doing so much more. Thanks for asking netty!

Yeah! See you in Chicago--maybe Beth will be in the same session--now that would be fun!

I'll be in Chicago, and possibly Brestyans. I'm level 9!

We don't have our full schedule yet....we've only been given the out of state meets.

Beach Break in Myrtle Beach in December
Probably NC Judges Cup in January
Excalibur Cup in Virginia Beach in February
Charleston Cup in Charleston, SC in February
Level 8 NC State Meet (if I qualify)

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back