Parents 2nd Lv 5 meet results with video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD was having a rough night at practice, 2 days before the meet. She had back tumbling issues and we weren't even sure she was going.

Well, she did well enough at practice that she got to go to the meet. Floor was first, which I thought was just as well, so she could get past that BHS fear. She did a good routine, I thought, and finished with double backhandspring. I was so happy she got through it and did the BHSs! She got a 8.150, which I thought was low, but scoring seeming to be very tough. Then to vault, usually her strongest event. She got a 8.000. Again, I was surprised by how low it was, but I am not good at judging so perhaps something was off that I didn't see. On bars warm up, she did her squat-on every time, no problem. I was so excited for her. Then it's her turn to compete and she falls on the squat on. This time instead of doing another squat on like she did at the last competition, she does a climb on. Does that cause greater deduction? She got a 7.250. At her last comp, she fell on the squat on and still got like a 8.1. Anyway, on to beam, usually her least favorite and lowest scoring. During warm-up, she nailed the cartwheel beautifully every time. Then she competes, and you guessed it, she falls on her cartwheel. But she kept her composure, finished the routine and we were both surprised by her score of 8.525. She ended up with an AA of 31.925. Not exactly her goal, but I was just glad she got through it.

I have attempted to post a link to her video below. Hope it works! Thanks for all the encouragment!

My Montage 11/20/10 at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, Facebook slideshows, free video sharing, video montages.

LOL... looks just like my DD's 2nd level 5 competition 2 weeks ago... 1 fall on beam, 1 missed squat-on! Your DD has a better vault though. They'll get 'em next time! She looked great! Congrats! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back